dridiot

Denon D2000

is the d2000 easy to drive unamped through a mp3 player or pc soundcard?

yes it is.

but as with most other cans, they always sound better amped.

ic, thx for the reply, i think these are around the $300-400 range? how are they compared to other closed headphones like beyer dt150 and dt770pro? but then again the d150 and dt770pro are 250ohms and need amps to sound the way they should

ic, thx for the reply, i think these are around the $300-400 range? how are they compared to other closed headphones like beyer dt150 and dt770pro? but then again the d150 and dt770pro are 250ohms and need amps to sound the way they should

i use to have the dt150 and it's better than the 770pro. more balanced in the mids without the bass being overpowering.

the denon trumps both beyers in bass detail and soundstaging. u can feel the texture of the bass and makes you appreciate how much bass info there is in recorded music. amazing rhythmic qualities as well. overall a more fun experience with the denon. but the denon's bass might be too much for jazz or classical. in any other genre, it's my main can.

another thing, the beyers are more solidly made, while denons have a nasty repute of the screws in the driver housing coming loose. i hope they've fixed that in newer batches but i fixed mine permanently with Locktite.

i use to have the dt150 and it's better than the 770pro. more balanced in the mids without the bass being overpowering.

the denon trumps both beyers in bass detail and soundstaging. u can feel the texture of the bass and makes you appreciate how much bass info there is in recorded music. amazing rhythmic qualities as well. overall a more fun experience with the denon. but the denon's bass might be too much for jazz or classical. in any other genre, it's my main can.

another thing, the beyers are more solidly made, while denons have a nasty repute of the screws in the driver housing coming loose. i hope they've fixed that in newer batches but i fixed mine permanently with Locktite.

wow appreciate the fast reply.....but if u say that the d2000 is better than the dt150 than its great news, since its cheaper and at least listenable without an amp since its easier to drive, also its below $400, unlike the dt150 which is above $400 and still needs an amp to sing, but i think in sg maybe only farle sells denon? correct me if i'm wrong?

btw its good for hiphop r&b too?

wow appreciate the fast reply.....but if u say that the d2000 is better than the dt150 than its great news, since its cheaper and at least listenable without an amp since its easier to drive, also its below $400, unlike the dt150 which is above $400 and still needs an amp to sing, but i think in sg maybe only farle sells denon? correct me if i'm wrong?

btw its good for hiphop r&b too?

i think if u own the D2000, after listening to it, u would still wanna amp it to maximize the potential. no need for a full-fledge desktop amp just get a good solid-state portable amp with some aggression like Ray Samuels to pair with it. the vocals will be pushed slightly to the front, helps a lot with r&b soul tracks and tames the bass bloat u get without amping. i'm using the Hornet with it.

yeah farle has it, though i've seen it at audio house.

perfect with hippity-hop, i'm bouncing to Lupe Fiasco as i type. reminds me of the good 'ol Cali phat bass that JBL's are famous for.

also perfect with any kinda ROCK, especially metal with double-bass pedals on drums. Slipknot never sounded better.

Edited by sghound

would these be good for a basshead too? coming from someone who previously had the akg k518dj especially

yes a basshead will appreciate the fact that he can get bass volume with details.

btw i tried the d1001 at farle recently, and i thought it sound good already too, had good bass and wasnt bass-light like some others had commented, but couldnt try the d2000 as the demo-set was sent for repairs, i cant imagine of d1001 already sounds good, how the d2000 is gonna sound like....

btw i tried the d1001 at farle recently, and i thought it sound good already too, had good bass and wasnt bass-light like some others had commented, but couldnt try the d2000 as the demo-set was sent for repairs, i cant imagine of d1001 already sounds good, how the d2000 is gonna sound like....

locally the d2k is a best-kept secret.

it is said to sound a closed version of the senn hd650 too?

yeah just maybe.

but denon's bass detail will trump the senn's while a recabled senn should take the mids.

locally the d2k is a best-kept secret.

it must be, becoz most of the time ppl only go to the 'usual' audio shops for headphones namely jaben, stereo electronics and hung bros...etc amongst others, and they dun sell the denon brand headphones, so ppl dun get to try it and duno how good they really are, and i can say the denon 1001 should be one of the best headphones for $200 n below for those on a budget, i wished i knew bout these earlier too....might be saving up for a denon 2000 too if i get to try the demo set in the future n hear how really great it is~

it must be, becoz most of the time ppl only go to the 'usual' audio shops for headphones namely jaben, stereo electronics and hung bros...etc amongst others, and they dun sell the denon brand headphones, so ppl dun get to try it and duno how good they really are, and i can say the denon 1001 should be one of the best headphones for $200 n below for those on a budget, i wished i knew bout these earlier too....might be saving up for a denon 2000 too if i get to try the demo set in the future n hear how really great it is~

glad to hear there's another open set of ears!

heard the 1001 too, and i think it's very much underrated. if u get a chance, pls give the Creative Aurvana Live! a listen. i strongly suspect this Creative is an OEM sister of the 1001. slight cosmetic differences aside.

glad to hear there's another open set of ears!

heard the 1001 too, and i think it's very much underrated. if u get a chance, pls give the Creative Aurvana Live! a listen. i strongly suspect this Creative is an OEM sister of the 1001. slight cosmetic differences aside.

but the creative aurvana live costs more than the denon 1001 right?