Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

Volume control

Hi guys,

my recent post seek for help on constructing a volume control by wiring 2 stereo jacks to a volume pot.

I have managed to get it done, 2 stereo jacks and a alps volume pot(100k), but it seems that its a little soft and i have to max the volume to hear the music.

I have not try it on my cd player which plays very loudly to my 600ohms headphone though, but have anyone tried anything similar and can shedsome liek if my idea should works.

Hi guys,

my recent post seek for help on constructing a volume control by wiring 2 stereo jacks to a volume pot.

I have managed to get it done, 2 stereo jacks and a alps volume pot(100k), but it seems that its a little soft and i have to max the volume to hear the music.

I have not try it on my cd player which plays very loudly to my 600ohms headphone though, but have anyone tried anything similar and can shedsome liek if my idea should works.

How is the pot connected?

Regards

CK

eh stereo jack1 to pot right and left IN, then using pot right and left OUT to the stereo jack 2. Gnd is connected to the pot, then on the volume pot itself its shot

Hi,

The connection seems correct for the L/R. For the ground connection, the input ground should be connected to the output ground. Both ground on the pot goes to the input ground. That's what I would do.

Edited by heady

Should be the same, although some purists talk about star grounding etc. I think maybe the 100K is too much for the output from the CD?

As an update, I have managed to get the volume control to work, using a 50k pot, my self made volume pot is allowing me to listen directly to the output from my cdp, which is really sweet.

The cased up volume pot, doesnt it looks like the Creative x-fi sound card

IPB Image

The wiring

IPB Image

The front output

IPB Image

looks sweet...

but just wondering. why didn't you just connect the cdp to an amp?

Edited by loop_