Sign in to follow this  
laser

UE triple 10 pro

anyone here owns them? was thinkin of gettin a pair but nt sure whether to get this or the new audio technica esw-9... hmmz..

I suppose you mean the universal IEM UE Triple.fi 10 Pro and not custom IEM UE 10 Pro? Between tf10p and esw9, it would depend on your usage patterns and also your listening preferences. Tf10p and esw9 sound rather different to me. Tf10p is more analytical and has a really nice soundstage while esw9 comes about as being more warm with sweeter mids.

Nope. I still like my sf5p with es2 cables. Tf10p sounds really ecstatic to me for the first few minutes but then the recessed mids and overly clear highs get to me and so I remain with my sf5p.

haha.. when I ventured into audio fidelity.. the word overpriced seemed to be thrown out of the window.. What mattered is SQ and how deep my pockets could go.. lol..

Edited by metrablue

Having owned UE 5, Sennheiser CX300, Mylar One X3, XB and XBi and currently owning the Shure E500's, not to mention having owned the Sennheiser HD 650 and Allessandro MS-1, I have to say that the Shures are worth the money, although not the money they ask here in Singapore. Try to get them used or buy them from a site in the US.

Having owned UE 5, Sennheiser CX300, Mylar One X3, XB and XBi and currently owning the Shure E500's, not to mention having owned the Sennheiser HD 650 and Allessandro MS-1, I have to say that the Shures are worth the money, although not the money they ask here in Singapore. Try to get them used or buy them from a site in the US.

Hmm...is there any website you frequent? Normally I check out Amazon.com as they have some pretty good offers now and then, but last I checked their SE530 were going for USD $430 which after conversion and shipping charges aren't that much cheaper compared to what they're selling locally, especially when you take the local warranty into consideration. Right now I'm still hunting online for a good deal but no success yet apart from a couple of ebay auctions, but I kinda doubt the authenticity as some of the prices are 'too good to be true'.

Guest dragonboy

Be careful! My friend bought the Shure E2C from the net couple of weeks ago & found that it sounded significantly different from the usual E2C although the packing and construction of the earphones look genuine.

It sounded very much inferior to the usual performance of the E2. After sending back to SHURE for an evaluation, the reply was the E2 was not genuine and they are aware that there are fake E2 circulating in China and Thailand.

I think the best way is to play safe. Buy from local authorise resellers or authorise resllers on the net. When an offer is too good to be true .... Be more careful! Just to let you know that my friend purchase the E2 at USD $35 w/o shipping. :bash: