Sign in to follow this  
mesab0ogie

HELP! I RIPPED MY IEM CORD!

URGH!!!! In a moment of sheer stupidity and carelessness, i ended up ripping the cord of my iem, a Westone Um1. the thing was hanging out of my pocket and i got it hooked on something. i felt a thug and poof, i became a "proud" owner of a now useless Um1 which i worked so hard for to get.

now that the story telling of my stupidity is over, i need help. anyone know if anything can be salvaged? like can the cord be changed? the iems are in perfect condition, just with ripped cords. its ripped at the Y-junction. if anyone knows how to fix this problem do tell me.

thx alot

Try bringing it back to the shop where you bought it from and see how they can help but I highly doubt warranty will cover anything since this is clearly a case of careless ownership.

warrenty is not an issue. its clearly my fault. and anyway warrenty over liao. i juz wana noe if they can change the wires. i noe for superfi the wires can be changed but not sure for westones. and hopefully its nt too expensive also coz if it comes up to ard $100 i might as well get a new pair in the second hand market.

Guest dragonboy

Why not bring down to SE or jaben to let them take a look and see if there's anything that can be done. They're quite nice guys :party:

Or go to LHS in Sim Lim Tower 2nd floor to look for Patrick to see if he can repair it? Some one just did this recently.

Guest dragonboy

The um-1 are pretty sensitive earphones. I hope u won't be picking more than you should after your repair. :think:

If the charge isn't too high, you could give it a try. Anyway it's already dead. B)