Sign in to follow this  
blueb0ttl3

Earphones(In-Ears) Recommendation? Budget: >80

Hey, noob here. I'm planning to buy a set of in-ears soon. Probably my first actual investments in earphones. My budget's around $80, any advice from the more experienced forum-ers?

Edited by blueb0ttl3

Guest dragonboy

Sony EX-71 already E.O.L liao. :bash:

The new MDR-EX85 is quite a good earphones. I'm not sure whether you can try it at Sony Gallery. Maybe u can check out Stereo at Causeway Point or Jaben at Adelphi.

Edited by dragonboy

Sony MDR-EX71 or Apple's iPod in-ear headphones.

this must be the first time i've seen *anyone* recommending apple in-ears...

Thanks for the correction on the correct Sony earphone model, sorry I wasn't really in the market. I thought this post was about "in-ear" and cost which is a high concern, so sonic quality wasn't in consideration in terms of recommendation, right? :)

The oft recommended Mylars might be worth a shot I suppose at less than $80. Solely available at Jaben which is located at Adelphi opposite Funan. Else you could try hitting the classifieds to see what's available.

Guest dragonboy

Yup... my friend exchanged three times in less than 6 months :cry:

Maybe he's a rugged man.... maybe you won't be so "heng". :thumbup:

The Mylars have a new series out which may be a bit better build quality. Anyway, the sound is awesome and the service excellent. If you break your Mylars you get another pair, no questions asked. I.m.h.o. they're the best IEM's for the budget you have.

The Mylars have a new series out which may be a bit better build quality. Anyway, the sound is awesome and the service excellent. If you break your Mylars you get another pair, no questions asked. I.m.h.o. they're the best IEM's for the budget you have.

Which new series is this, Singapura? I must say that I never had trouble with my Mylars nor with the earlier Crossroads IEMS. Was I lucky? Or just one of the silent majority who don't have trouble with it? I really don't know myself.

At one time I had 2 pairs of Mylar X3 and one XB and only one had trouble with the left driver. I have the X3i now which I use for gaming and portable video and I've had no trouble at all since then. My wife uses the XBi and is also very happy with them. Anyway, I don't think the Mylars are exceptionally prone to spoilage. Off course you need to treat them well :P

Edited by Singapura

Hey, I have an extra pair of Sony MDR-EX85LP which i wanna offload, barely used, maybe just a few hours.

I still have the box and receipts and all, so u know its real.

Got it for $89 but will consider letting it go at say $60