Tohwk

Sony MDR-EX71SL(Price Related)

Hi there,could you pls recommend me a shop to buy a pair of Sony MDR-EX71SL for a low price. $70 was the lowest quoted offer. Thanks.

$70 sounds fair and low enough. Give Jade Gift shop at Shaw Center, Beach Rd, a call to check on their pricing. Theirs are always very competitively low.

Indeed....Jade gift shop is selling the EX71SL for $68. The sales person that I spoke to,says that there is no warranty for the earphones. Is this the norm for the EX71SL? Sorry,but I'm not too aware about warranties for headphones in general. Thanks.

There are warranty for headphones but ear buds......absence of it is a norm. So be rest assured.

Sony classified hp and earbud as accessory. No warranty for accessory. Even my V700DJ, no warranty.

I got mine for $65

its at sls 1st floor

May I know the shop's name pls? Are you HW_500 from HWZ?(Just wondering,he told me the same thing too)

when i last bought my ex71sl, there was no warranty. but there was a very nice blue-grey felt bag included.

if there is a card to fill out and post back to the manufacturer, you have a warranty.

in a perfect world nothing would need warranties since they would never spoil. a warranty is a nice addition but not usually included (nor essential) for a low-cost item like a earphone.

but for something high cost, a warranty is a must, for your protection.

Edited by adhoc

There is this guy selling at warehouse price (MDR EX-71 at $60 brand new)

Have to meet up to buy, my friend bought a EX 51 no prob so far.

If interested PM ur HP no, I will send u taht guy HP no.

Edited by lekguan

not to be a wet blanket on yr intended purchase or anything, but i'd advise u not to get the EX71s if sound quality is impt to u. they look cool n have gd isolation, but the sound is pretty bad. i've had it b4, n sold it after 1 mth at half price n got a koss ksc35. read head-fi forums to get a general review of the EX71s. i tot they were just being snooty till i found out for myself the hard way dat they were rite.

sorry its ex71, type wrongly. Previously typed ex70, edited.

And yes I agree. Why u shld not get EX71

1) I got a 71 which is pretty much similar. The high and mid very unclearly defined. Sounds a little muffled. High is screechy.

Why to get EX71

1) Good isolation, if you don't use them at home, and wanna keep ur volume down in public places, its ur choice. When you have good isolation, you can listen at low volume while making ur music remain as clear. Thus ur hearing will not be damaged so easily.

2) you keep them in ur pocket. Its so small and light (4g) that if you keep them in the pocket it will not weigh much and won't be too big. Especially if you go to school and dont want to keep in the bag, so people won't steal ur player. The best performer of the Small Form Factor section.

If neither of the above 2 fits ur usage (i.e.you use it at home, and in a quiet room, or you keep ur player in ur bag and usually stay in quiet places or prefer to turn up the volume), then get koss 55/50. 35 not in the market.

Edited by lekguan