Dio

Headphones vs IEMs

I am currently using shure e5c and would like to move to cans... any recommendations? btw what is the difference between closed and open cans

Guest dragonboy

Closed-cans normally offer better isolation and quieter. Whereas the open ones, would sound more airy and open, but you can hear environmental sound pollution and they can hear yours as well.

You would really need to state your budget or everyone will start to recommend HIGH DAMAGE headphones. :grin:

don't have a budget. what would be a good set? I have read some reviews on the bt880 and hd650. but I need to know if an mp3 player is able to drive the cans

don't have a budget. what would be a good set? I have read some reviews on the bt880 and hd650. but I need to know if an mp3 player is able to drive the cans

my cowon d2 can drive all headphone including my hd650... heard creative users couldnt drive hd650.

now the question, do you want something so big on your head when you are outside?

How does the hd650 sound on the D2. I am also using a D2. Planning to use the headphones only when at home.. think it will be very troublesome to carry a set of cans around... especially when my job require me to travel around alot

Guest dragonboy

my cowon d2 can drive all headphone including my hd650... heard creative users couldnt drive hd650.

now the question, do you want something so big on your head when you are outside?

Although your D2 maybe able to drive the HD-650, it may not be able to fully maximise the performance of the HD650. I've heard the HD-650 with some portable headamps..... they didn't do a good job too, especially the low range models. It responded pretty well to the I-QUBE and also Tomahawk. Personally, I'll prefer the HD650 with the I-qube as it sounded more natural and detail.

There're headphones that are good and not too big. Like the GRADO RS-1 ( open ) , Ultrasone edition 9 ( close ) . ULTRASONE EDITION 9 STANDS OUT! :thumbup:

Closed-cans normally offer better isolation and quieter. Whereas the open ones, would sound more airy and open, but you can hear environmental sound pollution and they can hear yours as well.

You would really need to state your budget or everyone will start to recommend HIGH DAMAGE headphones. :grin:

But in terms of sound wise... which gives a fuller sound

Guest dragonboy

Ultrasones sounds more warmer and the imaging are wider hence it is very suitable for most type of music.

And the size is still acceptable... comparing to the hd650 or akg k701. :cans:

Guest dragonboy

Try the Edition 9. Still one of my favourites...... :beer:

Hands getting itchy soon. Thinking about the Grado GS-1000 :cry:

one more thing I need to ask... what kind of cushion do these headphones use? bcos my ears sweat after long period of listening... so is it sponge or cloth?

Guest dragonboy

GS-1000 is sponge..... Ed9 lampskin duuno from what country??? :doh:

one more thing I need to ask... what kind of cushion do these headphones use? bcos my ears sweat after long period of listening... so is it sponge or cloth?

My ears sweat a lot too. My DT880 looked disgusting just after a week or two, so had to wash quite often and the velvet looked real bad after a short while.

I think real leather is best as my sweat will keep it soft and shiny..... :P

My ears sweat a lot too. My DT880 looked disgusting just after a week or two, so had to wash quite often and the velvet looked real bad after a short while.

I think real leather is best as my sweat will keep it soft and shiny..... :P

:shocking: soft and shiny? but does it feel icky after a while...

so... which would be a better recommendation for sweaty ears? sponge or leather