feesh

National LM4562 / AD8599

Hi,

i'm very new to this audio diy and i'm building a cmoy amp hopefully by the end of this week. i have a few questions however that i hope more experienced people here can help answer.

i recently ordered free samples of the National LM4562 and AD8599 to mod my x-fi extrememusic. i was just wondering if they'd also work in a cmoy circuit?

also, i'm oping to get myself some new headphones. my current sennheiser px200 is on the verge of its death. i was planning on getting a grado sr60. is that advisable? or are there any other headphones that anyone would recommend? or should i save up more money and get better headphones? if so, any recommendations?

thank you so much in advice

your humble newbie, feesh.

I am not electronic expert lah but seems to me the LM4562 is more suitable than the AD8599. This is because the AD8599 needs +/- 15V supply while the LM4562 can work at lower voltage.

As for headphones, if you like the Grado sound, I understand the SR80 is a better buy than a SR60. Alternatively, looked at the Alessandro series which are modified Grados.

Above all, for headphones, remember this, YMMV.

Regards

I am not electronic expert lah but seems to me the LM4562 is more suitable than the AD8599. This is because the AD8599 needs +/- 15V supply while the LM4562 can work at lower voltage.

As for headphones, if you like the Grado sound, I understand the SR80 is a better buy than a SR60. Alternatively, looked at the Alessandro series which are modified Grados.

Above all, for headphones, remember this, YMMV.

Regards

thanks heady. i will install the lm4562s when i have the time. they just came into the mail today. cant wait! =D

thanks heady. i will install the lm4562s when i have the time. they just came into the mail today. cant wait! =D

Hi, post your impressions of the LM4562 ok?

doing a A/B test of AD8599 and LM4562.

Equipment:

(1)USB DAC->RA1 Clone->Audio Technica A900

(2)USB DAC->ICUTE->Amp->JPW Bookshelf Speakers

Revise Review:

AD8599 favor for high and detailed sounding. While LM4562 is more dynamic.

*review are based on personal listening through a very limited set of equipment, so, very subjective :cans:

Edited by alvin1118

Guest peranders

Notice that national has renamed the LM4562 to LME49720 E stands for enhanced btw but they are identical.

Edited by peranders

SOIC...

you need an adaptor...

and BTW, dun go to SLT looking for DIP-8 audiophile OPAMPs...

out of my list of 4, i can't even get one :(