Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Ibasso D2...simply awesome!

Guest dragonboy

Anyone on a look out for a DAC+AMP should check this out. I had a brief audition to the D2 at stereo today and yup...... simply awesome. In fact there was two more guy trying out the D2 and placing an order since SE don't have enough stocks to supply. One guy happened to be using a Tomahawk.

Tried the unrun-in D2 with the Diana Krall, vocals were impressively transparent, it's the type of liquidity you can hardly find on amps below $600. Double bass was well-define, excellent control & tight. The D2 would definitely be one of the best value dac+amp in the market. Anyone ready to get a pico should check it out first.

Only problem is the battery life wasn't that long. Could be due to the size..... last about 15 hrs.

ibasso D2

Guest dragonboy

I would say the D1 is a much more well-equiped DAC with the Coax. & Optical input + a Line ouput which is not available on the much smaller D2. But considering the size I'll choose the D2 if I don't need all the extras.

The performance of the D2 was almost close to the D1 if not exactly the same. Using the good old Wolfson DAC. It would be a fantastic DAC+AMP and give the pico a hard run for it's money.

anyone know if the superpro dac can even compare to this dac at all? I already thought I had quite alot of difference with this esp since it's supposed to be using one of the high end chips..

Just gotten mine today from Stereo Electronics.

Thanks Aron for reserving one unit for me.

Burning-in currently.

I can't stand the sharp highs of it for now.(Its normal for any new amp or headphones,much less a huge capacitor in the Ibasso D2)

I guess 500 hours are needed for it to settle down.

Just gotten mine today from Stereo Electronics.

Thanks Aron for reserving one unit for me.

Burning-in currently.

I can't stand the sharp highs of it for now.(Its normal for any new amp or headphones,much less a huge capacitor in the Ibasso D2)

I guess 500 hours are needed for it to settle down.

What equipment are you using the d2 with?

I'm using it with my office computer on the Grado RS1 and they didn't sounded bright at all.

D2 sounds sharp with the er4s? For me, when I tried the demo unit at SE, I found it to pair rather nicely with my er4s. Or maybe the demo unit has had some burn in time already.

Guest dragonboy

Never had the chance to try the D2 with Ety 4S. But it was quite a good match with my Ety 4P. Well, could be individual preference. :dance:

On the other hand though, I found the er4s and iqube to sound overly transparent and fatiguing to listen to.

On the other hand though, I found the er4s and iqube to sound overly transparent and fatiguing to listen to.

the etys/iqube combo can be too revealing hence the fatique. UE/iqube combo also tire my ears. i love the iqube with Shures and Westones, almost perfectly balanced. it's all about matching.

Does anyone knows is D2 a 16bit DAC or 24bit?

Is there any significant difference between 16bit DAC vs 24bit DAC?

Does it mean that my 24bit HDCD or SACD will not be fully decoded if D2 is a 16 bit DAC?

Any experts care to reply?

Just like to check with you guys, if I'm just using the D2 with a ipod as a portable amp for mine, wouldn't the P2 be good enough. In terms of sound quality can it fight the Tomahawk. I was thinking of buying the Tomahawk to replace my Xtra Pro amp.

Any suggestions? Does Stereo provide trade-in?