naglfar

Upgrading myCX300

Was at Jaben last weekend. I was trying out some IEMs to potentially replace my Sennheiser CX300, which I am using together with my 80GB iPod classic and IBasso P2. I like the treble and decent bass of the CX300, though some might find it a little 'artificial'. Tried the following, but was quite disappointed with what I heard. I'm looking for something that is detailed, have decent bass, and gives an improvement in the midramge from the cx300.

UM1 - sounds too muddy

Superfi 4 - full bodied sound, but no as transparent (a little muddy)

Ety 4i - poor bass

My budget is around $250. Looking for IEM for noise isolation. IS ther anything else that I should be trying?

Sleek SA6 can be bought for around 300, is detailed and warm, has the best midrange i've heard so far for anything, and has good isolation.

You can also consider Westone um2 although they are abit more ex. They have a more 3D sound IMO.

Was at Jaben last weekend. I was trying out some IEMs to potentially replace my Sennheiser CX300, which I am using together with my 80GB iPod classic and IBasso P2. I like the treble and decent bass of the CX300, though some might find it a little 'artificial'. Tried the following, but was quite disappointed with what I heard. I'm looking for something that is detailed, have decent bass, and gives an improvement in the midramge from the cx300.

UM1 - sounds too muddy

Superfi 4 - full bodied sound, but no as transparent (a little muddy)

Ety 4i - poor bass

My budget is around $250. Looking for IEM for noise isolation. IS ther anything else that I should be trying?

same sentiments... i had great anticipation for the um1 when i was shopping for alternatives to my cx300 (cos cx300 is too "in-ear" liao... no good for outdoor movement). the moment i press "play" with the um1, i almost puked. i even suspected my ears and keep adjusting and play over and over to confirm. can't imagine why so many pple are raving about it. but well, sound is subjective.

anyway i dun have any that's-surely-the-one recommendation since my budget is 100+ only. in the end i settled for sony ex90 for $149. sound quality wins cx300 for sure. for this price range to me it has the best balanced and comfortable sound which is not tiring over prolonged listening. the fit is superb and is not as "in-eared" than cx300, so expect a bit of ambient noise.

Edited by samuel