canonnier

Sian of UM-1 triple flange, thinkin of headphones

Since I switched to triple flange for Um-1, the isolation of um-1 for me has deterioted. It makes me sian of IEM. I'm planning switch to headphones, budget is 200, size should not be too big. Any recommendation?

Guest dragonboy

Audio Technica ATH-ES7?? Closed cans with good vocal production. Abt $189.00

plan to use them while on the road. so this can isolate noise(traffic)?

Thinking of Grado/Alessandro: SR60, MS1, will I look stupid wearing them while on bus. Are these more for home use?

The ES7 provides very decent isolation.

It won't beat any IEM, but it's pretty darn good.

Very suitable sound signature for those who don't plan to amp and run it out from a DAP.

SR60, MS1 are open headphones. They won't block any noise and will be totally useless on a bus. Also, they have this thick cable that's not really travel friendly.

Audio Technica ES7 is a good choice. Also, give the AKG K81DJ (or K518DJ) a try :)

Guest dragonboy

Not much GOOD mini closed headphones in the market. Most of them like the Sennheiser PX-200 or AKG 414 normally sounds a bit more bassy and it also discoloured the mids and highs. But if you're a basshead.... give them a try. :party:

plan to use them while on the road. so this can isolate noise(traffic)?

Thinking of Grado/Alessandro: SR60, MS1, will I look stupid wearing them while on bus. Are these more for home use?

i am also using the ms1 on the road, look like alien la, ppl just stare at you, tihnking you are using don't what device...haha, not really good for outdoor.

Home use is ok =) :grin:

Guest dragonboy

MS-1 still ok.... I've seen RS-2 and the AKG 701 on the go. More aliens....... :grin: