kookie

recommend me a entry level amplifiers?

kinda tight on cash now.. would appreciate if anyone would recommend me a decent and affordable amplifier so i can stick my headphones and enjoy my classics... :cans::cans:

The cheapest decent amp I know is a CMOY which the crossroad amp sold by Jaben seems to be. Try it out there.

You did not mention whether it's a portable or desktop amp that you are referring to.

If it's a portable, the Crossroads that heady recommended is a good candidate. Adds weight to the music and is inexpensive.

You did not mention whether it's a portable or desktop amp that you are referring to.

If it's a portable, the Crossroads that heady recommended is a good candidate. Adds weight to the music and is inexpensive.

sorry, i was actually looking at a desktop version.. have enuff portable amps up my sleeves already :)

sorry, i was actually looking at a desktop version.. have enuff portable amps up my sleeves already :)

I understand the Zero DAC which has a built-in headphone amp is quite good value for the money. I believe it is S$200. Within your budget? Can upgrade the opamps for better sound too, when you have saved up some more money or you are more creative in getting opamps.

The Zero DAC is interesting though you would require either optical or coaxial input. Unfortunately, it is rather hard to find in Singapore. You would probably have to order online.

The Zero DAC is interesting though you would require either optical or coaxial input. Unfortunately, it is rather hard to find in Singapore. You would probably have to order online.

Sorry, not familiar with the ZeroDAC yet, just recommendations from friend who owned one. I understand a member NCMK conducts regular MO on another forum. So there isn't any input except the DAC? Sorry then, my mistake.

Yea the inputs of the DAC are quite a shame. No USB and you can't use the amp function by itself.

ibasso T1 or T2. But I think they are being phased-out. Spend alittle more, and the ibasso D2 range is a significant factor better.

Ibasso D2 Boa is pretty good in budget with optional dac in the future. Its Dac is definitely 1 grade above most pc sound.

Edited by tassardar_

Did you get the edge amp yet? how do you find it?

not yet.. will have it by next week :D will let you know how it fares.. i'm itching to see how it delivers myself..

Ur sig states you're already waiting for a Little Dot Mk II, so you're already set! I'm sure the Mk II's gonna be great.

Using the Mk III now and it's so good i'm getting a Mk V as well in a day or 2, maybe you should consider that too haha.. With both a tube and SS amp, you're good to go!