Sign in to follow this  
wind30

durability of IEMs

I am kind of curious, which brand is more durable?

I bought my first IEM last year sep, westone UM2, and one of the earpiece went dead.

I don't really abuse it and always carry it in the semi-hard case provided.

Is Shure a more durable brand? The UM2 has really skinny wires and I am not sure if their connections are strong enough.

Edited by wind30

Think you bad luck ... I've had my UM2 for 3 years now, no problems at all. My friend has had two Shures die on him before recently switching over to the UM2.

I am kind of curious, which brand is more durable?

I bought my first IEM last year sep, westone UM2, and one of the earpiece went dead.

I don't really abuse it and always carry it in the semi-hard case provided.

Is Shure a more durable brand? The UM2 has really skinny wires and I am not sure if their connections are strong enough.

erm..westone wires are one of the best in terms of delivering sound quality if i am not wrong..

erm..westone wires are one of the best in terms of delivering sound quality if i am not wrong..

ask my wife to bring it back to stereo elec and they gave me 1 to 1 exchange. :thumbup:

Guest dragonboy

Never had any problem when I had faulty items sent to stereo.... always one to one exchange. :grin:

I don't exactly abuse my e4c, but don't really take care of it either.

The cable sleeve is hardening and cracking from sweat, but the sound is still sweet.

Oh, mine is 1 year 4 months old, been using it on my daily commutes (about 2 to 3 hours daily, sometimes more) since I bought it.

Edited by radioactive28

my e3g cable cracked n somehow the wire inside got cut slighty n i lost volume in my right ear piece but luckily it's under warranty and i got it replaced with a e3c at banleong but at a wait of 1 month