Sign in to follow this  
solo2

Yet another recommend mp3 player thread

Hi all,

I have been using a trusty 2 gb battery powered iriver (paired with a rather sensitive but heavenly sounding UM2s) for a year and a half already and am looking for a larger capacity flash drive player (8 gb and above) with good audio quality, long battery life (25 hrs and above), slim form factor and should ideally have a sleep timer function (I listen during sleep). Player would be primarily for music playback and any other functions are an added bonus. Which players would suit my needs? BTW is the ipod touch a good choice?

Thanks in advance :)

yo dude, i would definitely say Creative ZEN the credit card one. the sound's really goood. for Creative's lower end mp3 playeers like ZEN STONE, i would say the sound quality sucks. but for higher end players like ZEN (credit card sized one), they rock like hell! im using a Vision M now. the sound quality is really good. never regretted getting it. besides, it's easy to transfer videos from computer to the player. besides, u gotta admit looks better than most models yet affordable!

Zen is nice but the songs in memory card are not part of the main library. In other words, you have to navigate to your songs stored on the card in a different way which will be an annoyance to people like me. How the heck I can remember what album I stored on card and what not?

The Zen has a realy sleek design that comes with a nice looking screen with high color support which means your video will look nice :))

I got my Cowon D2 16 GB player (black) yesterday. Pretty small (creditcard size) as compared to what I have seen in photos. Design is ok if not stunning.

Hmm... d2 does have amazing battery life but what about the clix2? Not as juiced up but with slimmer design. BTW, my mp3 player is also my constant jogging companion. Would the d2 be too bulky for said activity?

that would depend on how u carry it? in a pouch or in the hand. I carry mine in the hand while running, its the IEM cables that gets in the way.

The D2 is small and light. And the power from the D2 can drive almost all IEM with ease.

that would depend on how u carry it? in a pouch or in the hand. I carry mine in the hand while running, its the IEM cables that gets in the way.

The D2 is small and light. And the power from the D2 can drive almost all IEM with ease.

Well, mine is safely ensconced in the back pocket of my shorts with my IEM running down my back. Less obstructive and you don't have to worry about entangling wires ;) I wouldn't want to cradle it in my hand cos I might hurl it out of frustration hahaha.

I got my Cowon D2 16 GB player (black) yesterday. Pretty small (creditcard size) as compared to what I have seen in photos. Design is ok if not stunning.

but the sound is stunning.

I'm new to DAP, can I assume D2 is the best sounding player unamp? I think iPod through the headphone out is not impressive at all but how does it compare to D2 through use of a LOD to a good portable amp? Thanks.

yo dude, i would definitely say Creative ZEN the credit card one. the sound's really goood. for Creative's lower end mp3 playeers like ZEN STONE, i would say the sound quality sucks. but for higher end players like ZEN (credit card sized one), they rock like hell! im using a Vision M now. the sound quality is really good. never regretted getting it. besides, it's easy to transfer videos from computer to the player. besides, u gotta admit looks better than most models yet affordable!

Hi, i'm kinda new here, do you set the custom eq for your vision m?

I've been trying to get a nicer sound by messing with it on mine, not very successful though...