alvin1118

Sennheiser HD650

finally grab my Senn HD650, burning in now.. :thumbup:

Love the sound very much! MPA2.5 drive my Senn HD650 very well! The vigor of HD650 are fully filled in my ears! minor details are brought out clearly & transparent, vocal are especially mellow!

some photo to poison ppl :drool:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

i must say it's a very nice pair of headphone, planing to change the cable now :bash:

cardas? :lust:

Hi,

I strongly recommend you to change the cable. I changed to Zu Mobius and the improvement was astonishing! Warm and thick, strong, no veil, really GREAT! Plus a tube amp, your life will be complete!

Popular cables include Cardas, Equinox, and Zu Mobius. My vote's with the Zu, obviously.

Hi alvin1118, any problem on the High Freq as reported by others like the high sound veil? (less clear)

I saw from other forum that the latest batch of HD650 have some improvement over the old eventhough still the same model.

Frankly, for folks who started with the piercing trebles of Grado and Etys, Senns will always sound veiled. But if you compare with speakers and studio monitors, I don't think you will consider Senns veiled (esp. after cable change). Senns' strength in warmth and mids.

Even with the wonderful highs and mids from my basic Stax setup, my main listen setup is still my HD650+Zu+modded X-Cans.

Even with the wonderful highs and mids from my basic Stax setup, my main listen setup is still my HD650+Zu+modded X-Cans.

Is there a local store in Singapore that allows audition / sells Zu Mobius cable, or do they have to be ordered online from USA?

Go to Music By Design - ask for Eugene. They bring in the full line of Zu cables. Do check with them first for stock avail b4 going down. Tel: 63343981

anyone tried aps V3? so far i haven't come across a review between zu and aps v3... aps seems to be a highlight at the moment in head-fi..

Could anyone explain why Senn make such great headphones but like to include steel wire? Is it to create a market for third party cable makers?

finally.....

my cardas!!!! :grin:

*damn difficult to solder! hot ah! :rclxub:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

amazing improvement!! bass very well extended, dynamic, great mid range, etc.. etc.. etc^99 !

I LOVE HD650!! :rclxms: