iguoh

I have been bitten by the bug!

I have purchased quite a few pairs of headphones, mainly for my time spent on planes. Sennheiser PXC250 was my first "expensive" headphones. They were noise cancelling and I like them then. When the foams started fraying, I bought the AKG K28 NC to replace them. I didn't like them at all as I found them very uncomfortable and the noise cancelling was poor. I finally ended up with the Bose QC2 of which I was very pleased with. Until now that is...

I also forayed into earphones and bought a few including the Sony MDR-EX71 for use with my iPod. My brother then introduced me to the Shure E2Cs and I bought a pair myself. While I found the E2Cs acceptable, I was never really satisfied with the sound.

After getting influenced from a friend and started reading up on headphones, IEMs, and amps. To cut the long story short, I ended up in Jaben and Stereo to listen to various amps and IEMs. I just bought the iBasso D2 Viper and the Ultimate Link CRESCENDO-i interconnects today from Stereo for use with my iPod Classic 80GB and Shure E2C IEM. All I can say is: I never knew I could get this type of sound quality out of my iPod. I am totally stunned. And to know that this is only the beginning as there are still so many upgrade paths open to me!

Next step - upgrade my IEMs! Westone, Shure, UE? The journey is part of the fun I suppose...

run away while you can.. now! :)

Pay More, Sound Quality Better..? Ha

Atually to me, apple ipods sound quality is quite bad for me.. Don't know true anot..

not only you, sounds bad for me too.

IMO, this should be the way of upgrades

1. Earphones/Headphones

2. Source (iMod your iPod!)

3. Amplifier

4. Cables

for me,

1. source

2. amp

3. cans

4. snakes

I remember the uncle from Jaben telling me to listen to the demos and then buy it if you really like it after listening to them for a few days. Don't buy if you don't like it or if the shop don't have any demos :D

Edited by Azhar

Do you guys really feel that iPod is bad even when amp-ed and using direct cables?

I mean with direct, doesn't it make iPod a simple source and leaves much of the sound to the amp?

Any thoughts.