Sign in to follow this  
headP

Stylish Headphones search help!

I'm into the whole headphones thing recently, but so far ive only used in-ear ones which usually is uncomfortable for me, so i usually wear clip ons or those with hooks on the back and a sponged headphones.

one thing is that i love my music and to listen to it in better quality it'll be great

another is that im in search for a as cheap as i can get pair, im still a student!

but will still give me substantial quality in the sound.

Im searching particularly for those flat medium sized over-the-head headphones ( maybe the size of Sennheiser PX200 Headphones/ Audio-Technica ATH-ES3) that come in yummy colours^^ white or black or red is good,

not the cupped and bulky ones that are black/dark blue and metal, nor am i looking for daring retro ones.

i'm really new to this headphones thing, so i would love for some of you to help me out find the perfect headphones! (: like what models/brands and where i can find them? i will be using them like on the streets and at home too.

thanks in advance!

btw im a girl, and i listen to all sorts of music from rock to ballads to acoustic to classical to dance to hip-hop and the lists goes on...

Edited by headP

Guest dragonboy

If your budget is abt $100, try out the ATH-SQ5, RED / BLK / WHITE. If lower, ATH-FC700.

At $100 there are only 4 headphones i'd go for.

1) Grado SR60

2) Alsseandro MS1 (cross between Grado SR80 and SR125)

3) Equation Audio RP21 ( DJ headphones)

5) Denon AH-D1000 (forget about the new 1001 that's just a cosmetic change) - apart form my Roland RH50 headphones, they are THE most comfortable headphones i've EVER had.

Style......amonst that lot, it'll have to be the Denon's.

style Creative Aravana headphones

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZJZ7O...&sr=8-3&seller=

i've only owned 2 pairs of Creative in my time, and in terms of sound, there won't be a 3rd purchase. I got the HQ1700 and the Aurvana dj headphones....

I forgot about the (Bling Bling) Ultrasone iCans. Midrange is recessed, but i love mine. One of the sexiest headphones ever i think!

5) Denon AH-D1000 (forget about the new 1001 that's just a cosmetic change) - apart form my Roland RH50 headphones, they are THE most comfortable headphones i've EVER had.

Style......amonst that lot, it'll have to be the Denon's.

At $100 there are only 4 headphones i'd go for.

1) Grado SR60

2) Alsseandro MS1 (cross between Grado SR80 and SR125)

I guess she might have to push up the budget for it ba?

Don't think with 100 as budget you can get them both huh?

Sorry guys, for style, i'm gonna go with Skullcandy

BOOM!

IPB Image

:prettyprincess:

or maybe a little ... BOOM! :P

IPB Image

But these are a little chunky la.. compared to what u're looking for..

Also sound quality wise......... well, dont bother with Skullcandy.. they're only for cosmentic purposes.. hahaha.. unless u is a bass head.

Eh i heard Skullcandy coming to Singapore lei.. they gonna start selling in Epicenter. Some fella pretended to post on my thread in HWZ, passing off blatant adveritising as information sharing.

hahahha

Edited by clownzee

Guest dragonboy

Sorry guys, for style, i'm gonna go with Skullcandy

BOOM!

IPB Image

:prettyprincess:

or maybe a little ... BOOM! :P

IPB Image

But these are a little chunky la.. compared to what u're looking for..

Also sound quality wise......... well, dont bother with Skullcandy.. they're only for cosmentic purposes.. hahaha.. unless u is a bass head.

Eh i heard Skullcandy coming to Singapore lei.. they gonna start selling in Epicenter. Some fella pretended to post on my thread in HWZ, passing off blatant adveritising as information sharing.

hahahha

One thing for sure..... It's definitely not as good as it looks. Unless you're only going for the looks. :bash:

Edited by dragonboy

ya.. agree with merlin and dragon.. like i said, SCs are only good for their designs.. haha

why cant someone design stuff like them but put some decent sounding hardware in?

The Audio Technica ES7 or the ESW9 looks really good and sounds fantastic as well.

ATH-ES7

IPB Image

ATH-ESW9

IPB Image

These are the classiest pair of headphones I've seen.

Whats your budget anyway?

Edited by evilmerlin