Sign in to follow this  
WatUp

zen x-fi announced

Creative site didnt post the pricing for the 8 and 16 gb though. 32GB is $399. Look like its time for me to change a mp3 player again. My zen vision is getting really cranky this days.

wifi without a web browser? this was creative's chance to answer the itouch but alas it's not be.

Bro, have you ever tried surfing the web on your mobile phone, PSP or a PDA?

Small screen + lack of qwerty keyboard + no intuitive means of navigation = absolute pain

It's far from challenging the iPod touch, but if they can do good wireless PC-to-player transfer, I think it should already be a winner in its own right.

pretty nice looking stuffs with some "high tech" x fi technology...but there's no audio line out...runnin an external amp seems out of the deal...sad..ani idea how it can be done(beside connecting to the headphone jack)...or mayb the zen vision M is still the deal..hahhz

Bro, have you ever tried surfing the web on your mobile phone, PSP or a PDA?

Small screen + lack of qwerty keyboard + no intuitive means of navigation = absolute pain

do it all the time with the moto q9 with qwerty and all. more and more websites are now mobile formatted, making it damm easy to navigate.

there are however sites which are really not compatible at all, and heavy to load. other than that, the web browser on a smartphone is the best app u can have, more for convenience and checking stocks/sports results/forum postings than heavy surfing, for that a full-fledged PC or laptop is essential.

Edited by sghound

^ speaking after experience with n82, with a 2.4" or a 2.5", web browsing is never optimised. moreover zen x-fi doesn't have qwerty ... its going to be a hell to surf.

of course a very very brief usage of the net ( < 5 mins) is ok for small screen, yet, when the time lengthen, e.g. 30 mins on that small screen will be very very very fustrating ( the "back to previous page" and "scrolling down all the way") tough i tell you. tough.

I believe the Zen X-fi 16 Gb is going for $329. no idea about the 8Gb tho.

Anyone tested out the player yet? Hows the OS and how easy is it to operate?

8 GB for $229.

http://sg.store.creative.com/

I believe the Zen X-fi 16 Gb is going for $329. no idea about the 8Gb tho.

Anyone tested out the player yet? Hows the OS and how easy is it to operate?

Anyone bought Zen X-fi?How is the SQ?

I concur! Someone should do a review of X-Fi's SQ. Is it just another patented EQ effect like SRS WOW, DNSe etc? In which case, I'd be less thrilled :rolleyes:

I've bought the 16Gb! Well, for SQ, I would say it varies from the type of music i'm playing on it. For the rock and pop selections, it plays perfectly. In fact, the player makes the mp3 sound even better when playing over speakers, compared to listening through earphones. I'm guessing its either because my mp3s are ripped at a crap bitrate or my earphones are good enough.

But when i start to play the bass heavy stuff, like hip hop and drum n bass, the X-Fi tech starts to pump the bass up too high. I'm hard pressed to find a compromise between the levels of bass that wont cause my earphones to hiss vs an empty sounding track...

Anyone got any good recommendations of some IEMs i can use to compensate for this heavy bass?