ablaze

My new source arrives tomorrow!

That's why there was a vague 2nd sentence in my previous post ablaze. I should have said it is a good all in one package. (I wish I could fit it all in a notebook!)

I was thinking more on the lines of hardware upgrade though.

EAC & lossless works on a HDD but if you burn onto a CD the weak link is the burning process in some CD Drives if the pits are not precise then that's where errors can occur hence copies are not really perfect. However you probably have a top of the line CD-RW anyway tongue.gif

But hey, as long as YOU enjoy it & it fits YOUR requirements. More power to you dude.

hehe, least you ain't as quick to put me down as good 'ol Rameish wink.gif

tongue.gif

anyway, main gripe is the whine of my comp..but thats where watercooling comes in. btw, watercooling's about replacing the normal (noisy" heatsink fans on a computer with a custom made waterblock and a pump, that are near silent. check out our sister site www.cryophilia.com lol laugh.gif

of course..laptop users won't have a problem there happy.gif

Ahhh I see... thought it was additional cooling for a car or summink! blink.gif

Same principle like the current 911 Porsches, very quiet now that they have moved from air cooled to watercooled. Added benefit of higher performance from an equivalent sized engine... but I diagress.

yep... that's why I never buy dedicated cd player.. still prefer digital formats.. as I spend most of the time sitting in front of my computer and surf/play games.. so I think buying a cd player is a waste of money. Especially cds don't come cheap..

you can be really cheap and go to places like HMV and buy a CD, rip it using EAC and monkeysaudio and then returning it for another CD. two CDs for the price of one! of course I've never done that..yet cool.gif

Wooo... Naughty!

Me, I like the tactile feel of handling the CD & jewel case. Reading the liner notes... a throw back from my Vinyl Junkie days. There's something about the smell of LP/12" vinyl that makes me so... happy inside. I dunno how to explain it.