Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

Sennheiser HD650

compressed cellulose fleece ?

Same stuff as those in the R10? or am i just smattering rubbish..

No doubt, I'll buy the HD 650 as soon as it's in the stores. Anyhow I trust Sennheiser to be able to really improve the HD 600. And from the single criteria I could judge it appeared like an improvement: deeper, tighter and cleaner bass, more brilliant and clear treble... The uncertainty is the sonic balance: the bass was too strong for my taste, and the midrange lacked the intimacy and warmth of the HD 600's. But as has been said: the copy I've auditioned (with lousy music from probably lousy electronics) possibly wasn't broken in. So this is a very provisional report. However, now we (at least I) know that the HD 650 indeed sounds different from its predecessor. And I'm not sure if the less warmth isn't in fact a good thing. I preferred the HD 600 for some time without the foam pads; this made the bass leaner and the treble clearer, also at the expense of intimacy and warmth, but I preferred it to the stock sound, although it seemed to damage its coherence to a certain degree. Let's hope Sennheiser's own «mods» manage to combine the best of both worlds, and -- this my personal concern -- that the bass isn't too strong.

user posted image

Edited by JaZZ