delancyst

moisture removal for IEMs

Hi all,

Does anyone know where to get those containers or boxes with dry crystals that are made for you to store IEMs?

I think with the humid weather in sg, it'll be good place to keep them when not in use.

Appreciate if anyone knows where to get such accessories.

something like this

Edited by delancyst

From what I know, about 2 years back, Stereo Electronic carries the Westone hard case for IEMs. There is a replaceable gel pack in it which serves the same purpose. I'm not sure if they carry them anymore, but you can try PM or calling them up.

From what I know, about 2 years back, Stereo Electronic carries the Westone hard case for IEMs. There is a replaceable gel pack in it which serves the same purpose. I'm not sure if they carry them anymore, but you can try PM or calling them up.

Hey anyone who knows the price can PM me? Thanks!

Just get some silica desiccant, and pop it into a box with a lid, together with the IEMs.

Should keep it dry enough.

I'm using a candy tin for mine, haven't had any problems so far.

Edited by radioactive28

What do you mean "when not in use"? :)

duh, when im using full-sized cans, i need to store my iems somewhere.

instead of letting them disintegrate from the moisture, i thought the "drybox" would

be ideal storage to keep them in top condition.

is there any difference between the so called dry crystals that westone uses

and the silicant beads that are found in camera shops?

I believe they're of similar properties. No harm using Silica packs or crystals.

hmm, cool thanks palestofwhite

perhaps its time to improvise something out first.

need to buy a small jewelry box that is also airtight...

Just use those plastic containers that your wife or mum uses to put food in. Those are airtight and comes in many different sizes. Can decorate yourself too if needed. :)

The kitchen has got lots of useful tools i would say.

I agree with Morgan. You can always get something from those $2 shops or Daiso. They just need to be some really small air tight container or bags for the earphones.

As for Silica pellets, I have them kept in really tiny air tight bags and make some holes in them. I believe there are ready packed ones but I bought mine in bulk from some photo studio at peninsular plaza. It is cheaper at the expense of convenience.

Silica pellets can actually be reused. I believe uncle Wilson from Jaben did something like frying them to renew it's effect. Alternatively Google is your best friend.

Edited by palestofwhite

Camera shops do sell those things called desiccants, and you could use a film roll case to store your IEMs.

Hehe, film roll container is a bit too small, I want to store other things like spare eartips also.

I think a Pelican Micro would be nice...