jason_

yes. the question. "recommend me a USB DAC"

To add injury to the wound...

The Pico is really good. :icon_angel_devil:

Justin of Headamp is planing to release a PICO WITHOUT an AMP section. It will be purely a DAC. It will have several inputs and RCA outputs aside from the standard 3.5mm. :drool:

but again it would be some $$$. :moneyflies:

But for price/performance I vote for the iBasso. But again it is always better to try out both and if you feel that the pico isn't that far from the D3 based on your preference it rationalizes your buy. But if the Pico is really better based on your taste. SAVE UP and buy it.

BTW if you really don't need an amp and really stuck on a limb due to budget :sweat: you must also try the Govibes they do justice for their size. =)

:cry: Its no use to buy something and end up buying the 1st choice because you feel you need more. I can't tell you how many times I've been hounded by my previous choices. :doh:

OT: I'm also looking for a new Desktop DAC. :whistle:

Edited by jojo_b2

yup, the 5 little batteries can last you for a very long while! maybe more then 100 hrs. And really worth the money!

If you get those come together with (li battery), normally they will hit the charging life (1000 cycles) once the warranty is over, and trust me, you will have hard time finding the battery. Even you found it, it will cost some bomb!

And mostly those built in battery don't last long!

okay I have been won over to the AAA side.

I have not tried the DAC section of the D3 so I cannot comment on the sound. I think it will keep you happy though, if you don't try the Pico that is. :P

To add injury to the wound...

The Pico is really good. :icon_angel_devil:

Justin of Headamp is planing to release a PICO WITHOUT an AMP section. It will be purely a DAC. It will have several inputs and RCA outputs aside from the standard 3.5mm. :drool:

but again it would be some $$$. :moneyflies:

But for price/performance I vote for the iBasso. But again it is always better to try out both and if you feel that the pico isn't that far from the D3 based on your preference it rationalizes your buy. But if the Pico is really better based on your taste. SAVE UP and buy it.

BTW if you really don't need an amp and really stuck on a limb due to budget :sweat: you must also try the Govibes they do justice for their size. =)

:cry: Its no use to buy something and end up buying the 1st choice because you feel you need more. I can't tell you how many times I've been hounded by my previous choices. :doh:

OT: I'm also looking for a new Desktop DAC. :whistle:

HAHA. I doubt I will go for the Pico. Reason being the $$$$ factor. But I am giving GoVibes and the iBassos a chance. they are the few in my mind now.

So my current list of DAC + AMP to test will be the GoVibe Petite and the iBasso D2 primarily. :D any more to add other than Pico? The Pico is far beyond my tiny budget. :(

Hmm, retail price is USD299, so I don't think it will bust your wallet as badly as the Pico. Plus it has optical input.

it will bust my pocket. If only if its SGD299, then it would still be all right.

Hmm, retail price is USD299, so I don't think it will bust your wallet as badly as the Pico. Plus it has optical input.

ibasso D10 cobra is selling for USD275. is currently out of stock at the moment.

might retail at arnd ~$400 sgd

if you have a optical output from your source, the d10 will be a good choice. battery life is not fantastic thou, 20hrs for the amp/dac combo. op amp rollable, making the d10 very versatile in terms of sound signature.

might be tempted if i got a iriver h140 myself. :D

Edited by hellfire112

ibasso D10 cobra is selling for USD275. is currently out of stock at the moment.

might retail at arnd ~$400 sgd

if you have a optical output from your source, the d10 will be a good choice. battery life is not fantastic thou, 20hrs for the amp/dac combo. op amp rollable, making the d10 very versatile in terms of sound signature.

might be tempted if i got a iriver h140 myself. :D

I dont have a optical output. so it does not matter. I just need the DAC + AMP, USB and 3.5mm in and out

okay I have been won over to the AAA side.

Good! Get ready to buy a D3 then! I think the D10 might not suit you so much now.

Unless you going to bring all this bomb to school la! D10 plus your mp3 and earphone is a big bomb man! ( I wish me and you same sch then)

And do you have a use for the optical input then?

Good! Get ready to buy a D3 then! I think the D10 might not suit you so much now.

Unless you going to bring all this bomb to school la! D10 plus your mp3 and earphone is a big bomb man! ( I wish me and you same sch then)

And do you have a use for the optical input then?

haha. i am thinking of the petite and the D3. I am in Ngee Ann Poly now :D 2nd year soon. I have no need for a optical anyway.

no. is happy.

Speaking of it, i just happen to sold my D3 a few weeks back, if not i will not ahve the $$$ to buy my esw 10 and Iqube combo!

Was that an attempt to poison me? :D