alixandart

hi guys, is the b&o A8 a gd earphones?

hi guys...my friend wants to sell me his brand new A8 at $200..i'm not really an audiophile.extremely new to this.thinking whether or not to buy this..is this decent?

thks!

IPB Image

For $200, I would pick something else myself. You have got nice choices like Westone um1, UE SF3, Nuforce NE8, Audio Technica CK7 many others, can head down to Stereo to try them.

so i guess this must be thrash..since everything else is better than it at that price =( guess i better don't buy than..he says retail is 250, he sell me 200

Edited by alixandart

so i guess this must be thrash..since everything else is better than it at that price =( guess i better don't buy than..he says retail is 250, he sell me 200

No, that's not necessarily the conclusion. By:

Add a bit more for a used ER-4. :)

and
And somemore for a Atrios or SF5 (non pro).

Or a second hand SF5P

We're just saying that for $200 bucks you can get darn good stuff.

Having said that when you reach price ranges of around 250 onwards, its purely a matter of preference and hardly any real measurable performance difference. To prove my point, you can pick ANY IEM at this price range and there will be their fan clubs insisting that its the best IEM ever made by man. Ppl can point all they want at specs but at this range specs says absolutely NOTHING.

So point is, go for what you like. We're just pointing out your other very good options available at this price bracket.

Edited by peanutbutterjam

I'd like to add that for B&O you are definitely paying a premium for branding... however those earphones apparently do sound ok - I've not personally tried them myself.

I own a pair for quite some time which usually use for mountain biking as it doesn't drop off easily. Dangerous to use IEM. Paying more for the look than sound though it sound good for a earbud.

Edited by ical

owned the A8 before moving on..

In my opinion, it is better than um1 or superfi3s. um1 is simply too muddy..

1 thing to note though.. A8s are rather bright. and not quite sufficient bass..

And yes. At $200 pricepoint, you pay a fraction for its looks.

BTW, has B&O prices rised so much?? I remember getting mine years ago on the plane for sub $200..

I remember I got mine from their showroom at $180 when it first launched.

Edited by ical

Guest dragonboy

I wouldn't pay that price for THAT quality..... You'll be spoilt for choice at that price range if u head down to stereo at causeway point.

i owned a pair before.. it's not that bad la.. you can also ask your friend to let you test so affirm your decision.

by adding a donut foam to it, you will get a nice sparking high with added bass. there is simply not enough bass without foam, so rock music won't get a kick. personally, i prefer the high of the A8 than CM700.

i eventually let go of it because the clip-on style was uncomfortable. so even chio or wat, got nice sound or not, if not comfortable to use also throw one side.

hmm, i wouldn't say no to this at all actually cos i've actually heard it myself, and i would compare it with yuin pk1, however, perhaps u would bargain a little more