Sign in to follow this  
nofing

AT W5000 brief impressions

Congrats on your W5000.

Out of the few amps that I have listened it with, I like it most with the Yammy. The GCHA would be very nice as well :)

Mmm. You liked the w5000 with the yammy too? I'll have to try it out too.

You're free to visit me anytime. But I think the scheduled meet on Sunday would be ok since you're still burning them in. Join the Dark Side buy a Yammy! :whistle:

Mmm. You liked the w5000 with the yammy too? I'll have to try it out too.

Did an impression about a year back. And lately I've been toying with the idea of the Yammy so that my W5000 would at least get more air time. Would love to get the ZD but I couldnt afford the footprint. If I do get the Yammy, my MAD HD2 will be up in the WTS :)

Mini Meet Impression

Mmmmmust resist.

Resistance is futile! lol! :bash:

Btw, after tweaking some settings on my DacMagic. Waah. I can't believe how nice the sound of the W1000 is with the Yamamoto. I just stay fixed listening the whole morning. :cans:

IMO, the W1000 doesn't beat my recabled HD650. In terms of slam and the staging. Due to my bias of the Senn Sound Signature and yes the HD650 is an Open Can. But the W1000 gives my the neutrality w/ the right amount of bass making the sound so Musical. :thumbup:

If I can compare the W1000 to a can it would be an ESW10. The ESW10 won't beat the top cans for Highs, unbelievable staging (R10) or boombacious BASS (Denons). But i can use the ESW10 on my music without getting tired/fatigue and I don't have problems in getting a match for my music. IMO, the W1000+Yamamoto can be compared to a ESW10 on steroids. Nearly the same coloured sound and signature + more detailed highs and the "tings" you get when you here a splash crash + controlled bass. :shocking:

I'm now trimming my headphone inventory with the W1000, HD650 and the ESW10 the last cans standing.

I Thank you again for letting me try it out. :DD

Argh Jojo. Looks like you're still a Senn guy huh. I think if I try hd600 with the valgrind or saa recable, I might still like them. But in terms of comfort, AT is better for me.

So you'll be letting your Sony headphone go too? Then you'll be left with 3 woodies!

No problem man, the pleasure was mine.

Very, very nice. If only the bass would come out abit more then I would say I prefer it to the L3000. But of course would be best if I had both to compare side by side.

That's good to hear. I'm getting my friend to source the L3000 in Japan. Hopefully he can to find one at a reasonable price. Will let you try if I have it.

Green only has 50 pieces worldwide. Brown has 500. But I must say I liked the green one more too until I had the price quote for both. Then I decided brown wasn't too bad after all. :D