kookie

Soldering Station

i'm thinking of getting a temperature controlled Soldering Station that doesn;t take up too much space, that isn;t going to blow holes on my pocket...but at least will be decent enough to do my diy projects for a considerable length of time.. my present current solder is giving me headaches with its oxidisation tip...and where can i get the wire mesh for cleaning the soldering tip..??

any advice folks?

thansk in advance :thumbup:

Check out Koba Electronics. A forum member posted and said he got pretty good analog controlled soldering stations from Koba.

The wire mesh, i think those 3M wire scrubbers used to scrub pots and pans will do. They look the same to me.

you can try getting a goot soldering iron from SLT... temp controlled, not that expensive.

and it's temp controlled! the "station" is really small, pretty much shorter than the iron and a little fatter. Just as thick.

you can try getting a goot soldering iron from SLT... temp controlled, not that expensive.

and it's temp controlled! the "station" is really small, pretty much shorter than the iron and a little fatter. Just as thick.

this sounds interesting, how many watts and roughly how much?

Check out Koba Electronics. A forum member posted and said he got pretty good analog controlled soldering stations from Koba.

The wire mesh, i think those 3M wire scrubbers used to scrub pots and pans will do. They look the same to me.

wats analogue controlled means?

this sounds interesting, how many watts and roughly how much?

I think I paid about 120-130 for it...

wats analogue controlled means?

not controlled digitally.