Sign in to follow this  
nofing

Opinions on the CI Audio VHP-2

How true.

I was at Jaben to audition the Novo with my ESW10. Suffice to say I was totally disappointed. I wasnt expecting anything great, but it was almost as if the amp did nothing other than become a volume controller for my ipod!

At this point, i'm not sure what to comment on, coz it could be a simple case of synergy, or that the ESW10 is already a very efficient set of cans, or the Jaben Novo isnt runned in (which i doubt).

And sincei was already there, i tried other amps...the Crossroad Edge, RSA Predator, Blackbird and finally the Beyerdyn A1. I must admit that the Edge actually smoothed out the vocals and was pretty nice, considering the price. The Pred and Blackbird were pretty disappointing too. The only star was A1. I wouldnt mind having that amp, but at that price point, it BETTER be good!

At this point, i'm opened to any sugggestions for a good amp (preferably portable) for my ESW10... :think:

Hi CyberFrog,

I believe you are asking amp pairing with the ESW10? I think you need to post on the portable section. I have some insights on your question as I also have an ESW10. I will just reply on your post.

Cheers!

:b2t

hmm

solo was great with senheisser espically hd600 and hd650.....

but when i changed to akgs and beyer...

well it doesnt wow me as much as the sen did...

so if u have sen and prefer sticking to it

then solo is for u..novo on the other hand is not bad but i found it not dynamic and open as the it's bigger brother the solo....less soundstage and not as refined as solo...and not so warm as novo ...it is a fast amp compare to novo very prat!

of cos i am part of group who tried the solo with kachui and jojo :D

went back again last week to do throughall audition with my 2 cans but :no:

Edited by Eric Chia