Sign in to follow this  
nofing

Opinions on the CI Audio VHP-2

I nearly did! :bash: But I feel bad having 2 amps around. :P

@Kachui: Would you upgrade your novo to a solo too?

Ha, ha...very tempting with such good price from UK... :drool: I did try the Solo with some of the guys the other day...very impressive paired with the HD650. But I have just added the preamp to my rig...and it does gives the Novo a boost of power to drive the HD650 very well.

Anyway, if you see me putting up my Novo on sale, it would mean the big brother is coming in. :grin:

Would you prefer your current setup with the diva pre compared to the solo without?

It is hard to compare at the moment, since I listened to the Solo in a different setting with so many variables, such as different CDPs, interconnects, power chords, and headphone.

Of course, between the two, my rig with a diva pre, novo and recabled and recupped HD650 sounds better, but on its own, the Solo with with the stock HD650 was quite impressive. Mind you the Solo we were listening to was fresh out of the box.

Even Jojo, who was not a fan of the Novo, was taken by the Solo (Jojo, Novo, Solo...they rhymed, don't they..ha, ha).

Edited by Kachui

It is hard to compare at the moment, since I listened to the Solo in a different setting with so many variables, such as different CDPs, interconnects, power chords, and headphone. Even Jojo, who was not a fan of the Novo, was taken by the Solo (Jojo, Novo, Solo...they rhymed, don't they..ha, ha).

Of course, between the two, my rig with a diva pre, novo and recabled and recupped HD650 sounds better, but on its own, the Solo with with the stock HD650 was quite impressive. Mind you the Solo we were listening to was fresh out of the box.

Just imagine having the SOLO pre-amped. The mix of tube power and the SS will definitely blow away larger amps. But again pairing will be essential. But from what I've read on pre-amps. Synergy is the usually case if the equipment was really ment to be a pre-amp. rarely find bad pairing posted. :whistle:

Yes the Jojo, Novo and Solo is rhythmical. But I will still go for a Yama-JOJO! lol! :smoke:

Just imagine having the SOLO pre-amped. The mix of tube power and the SS will definitely blow away larger amps. But again pairing will be essential. But from what I've read on pre-amps. Synergy is the usually case if the equipment was really ment to be a pre-amp. rarely find bad pairing posted. :whistle:

Yes the Jojo, Novo and Solo is rhythmical. But I will still go for a Yama-JOJO! lol! :smoke:

If using the Ipod/Imod or any portable source, the preamp certainly helps by boosting the source signal before it goes into the amp driving it.

Anyway, been salivating over what the Diva preamp can do to a Solo...

Ha, ha..Yama-jojo...that sounds like a chant...something like what the character Officer Hightower was chanting when he was in disguise as a convict in Police Academy (now you know how old I am to have remembered such ancient movie).

If using the Ipod/Imod or any portable source, the preamp certainly helps by boosting the source signal before it goes into the amp driving it.

Anyway, been salivating over what the Diva preamp can do to a Solo...

Ha, ha..Yama-jojo...that sounds like a chant...something like what the character Officer Hightower was chanting when he was in disguise as a convict in Police Academy (now you know how old I am to have remembered such ancient movie).

Haha I too watched the first film. lol! Spare your bodily fluids and buy a SOLO! Waah can't imagine how it would sound with the Diva. :bash:

Of topic: I might be buying something from teh UK too. My DacMagic is dying for an upgrade. =)

Haha I too watched the first film. lol! Spare your bodily fluids and buy a SOLO! Waah can't imagine how it would sound with the Diva. :bash:

Of topic: I might be buying something from teh UK too. My DacMagic is dying for an upgrade. =)

The power supply unit for the DacMagic?

The power supply unit for the DacMagic?

Yup but not from Russ Andrews. I will post if everything goes well. Basically the PSU was made for the MF line. :whistle:

:b2t Really have to visit MusicAV one of these days. They have some toys I want to try. :think:

The OP is from Singapore and he's on Jaben forums too! Seems he tried the headline2 at Stereo and found it to have better bass. Hmm...

Edited by nofing

Thought as much...since he put a link to Jaben.net...and the fact that he bought it as a bundle... :shifty:

Edited by Kachui