Sign in to follow this  
uberburger101

Westone UM3X released!

Technical specs don't really mean much. You can always hope it's lousier than the W3. ;)

yup..but then the word 'musician monitor' for UM3X description got to me and now they are saying westone 3 was meant for 'all rounder consumer' earphone and expects us to believe that the price is significantly lower for um3x because of it 'missing' accessories... :rclxub::rclxub:

Technical specs don't really mean much. You can always hope it's lousier than the W3. ;)

Worst then W3? I hope not <_< They don't have to do too much to make it better than W3.... My opinion of course :whistle: Maybe that's why it is cheaper supposeldy..don't need to do too much to make it better.... hahaha :P

crap, then wats their point of releasing westone 3 at such a higher price and coming up with a model that seem technically better and even cheaper than the westone 3???

According to powerhound, the 2 are tuned for different uses. Westone 3 for consumer uses aka personal listening on mp3 players and for movies, and um3x for stage monitoring. I would suppose they have different sound signatures.

Hmm, I do hope it's not worse that W3 which imo is already bad enough.

I get mixed reviews about the W3 all the time... In your opinion, how player/amp-dependant is the W3 for its sound quality?

I have owned both W3 and UM3X.

Think they are both great IEM, just that it depends on what songs you love to listen to.

W3 has more bass (IMO) and UM3X has clearer sound.

W3 is better build though compared to UM3X.