joymojo

help! headphone to cancel noise?

Hi I really need help. Im looking for a headphone that can effectively cancel out construction works noise. Right now Im studying for my exams and there are construction works going on right above my house!!! I have tried using foam ear plugs but to no avail. Im getting very desperate and I've been reading on some headphones that can cancel out noise but Im not sure if they are effective for construction works. Where can I buy them? Normal electronic shops?

Thankyou. I greatly appreciate any help.

Most active noise cancelling phones work on low frequency noise, eg jet engine or MRT engine noises. If the construction noise is due to engines then should work. I don't think it will work well with impact noises eg, drilling, hammering etc.

With passive noise blocking phones, they cut down on outside noise but not totally. The music will take over to hopefully guile you to ignore the remaining noises. Just hope the music don't distract you away from studying.

Visit Stereo Electronics if you live near to Woodlands. Otherwise, visit Jaben in Adelphi. Beware though, that these places are "poisonous" to wallets.

I saw these selling at Jaben. i'm not sure how effective they are but it looks it will really be a deep fit one. :think:

You can also call Stereo if you are closer if they carry these. ;)

http://www.westone.com/index.php?load=cata...&group_id=ETYHP

IPB Image