Sign in to follow this  
ipporek

Headphones for PC

Was wondering whether to get a pair of headphones for my PC (and if I were to get one, whether to get a wireless one), reason being I'll be sharing a room with my brothers and it ain't too good an idea to be blasting out music from my speakers. Thought wireless ones would be convenient, but heard somewhere that the sound ain't good. And one of my friends mentioned that headphones would be quite painful on the ears though. What do you guys think?

just get a closed headphone, you won't bother your brother with it happy.gif

It's not a good idea to go wireless because they will sound inferior for the same price that you are paying on the wired headphone.

It'd help alot if you can specify your budget? then we can advise you accordingly .

IMO, headphones painful or not depends on their build. Usually cheaper headphones are the black sheeps of the lot which make people think they are uncomfortable. Of course I will still recommend speakers over headphones. Headphones are sort of heavy(as compared relatively to speakers). Speakers you wear nothing around you. I feel tired if I use headphones too long(like 2 hours), even earbuds. Partly I believe also because of the lousier soundstage.

Wireless is real expensive. I second that. VERY.

By the way do remeber to state budget. 1 question guys, PC headphones below how many ohms do you recommend?

hm... I've ever used my dt880 and 770 straight out of laptop headphone jack.. hehe but of course don't try that.

Ok.. generally below 80, say 80 ohm is the maximum?

because I used dt250-80 last time and it's 80 ohm, but it's driven alright out of my laptop and even slimx. On slim-x I had to set 31/40 though.. compared to 20/40 on normal earbud.

Haven't really started budgeting for the headphones cos I don't even know what's the range like. Was thinking of setting aside the amount that I would have spent on a better pair of PC speakers, which would be around 300 - 400, but not sure whether enough.

400 is enough yes.gif

but first we need to know, what is your source?

Ok.. headphones around 400 that isolate :

1. beyerdynamic dt250-80 ($300)

2. Audio Technica W100 ($350)

3. hm.. can't think of anymore right now tongue.gif

You could always save yourself alot of money & go for the more affordable (not necessarily lacking in sonic quality) Sony MDR-7506 at around less than 1/2 your budget.

I second N@z's suggestion..

have heard the sony V6 and it's quite worth it for the money!

Good starter headphone

ok then get the V6.. it's good enough for most pc and even portable use!

great headphone!

7506 and V6 are identical.

only difference is that 7506 has gold plated jack instead of silver on the V6.

Other than that, those are very similar in terms of look and sound.