Sign in to follow this  
Ma6Jia

Original Master Headphone amp

Hi all

Just received my Original Master Headphone Amplifier.

Is new, still in the BOX.

If you are interested, I can let you have it first.

RMB1200. If you are kind enought, add a bit of KOPI money.

Especially those who has the HD650, Don't miss this offer.

First come first serve.

Not to sell, but to share.

I don't quite understand your post. Initially you say,

"I can let you have it first"

Then you go on to say,

"First come first serve.

Not to sell but to share".

Are you selling it or did you mean you wanted to let someone have first listen to your amp?

I think he's trying to sell the amp for RMB1200 which he thinks is a really good price, so it's more like sharing the amp rather than selling it (for personal profit). Unless he'd edited his post, which I don't see, I think he says "I can let you have it first", not "can't". I believe this should belong in the classifieds.

Anyway, any pictures to share?

Sorry for my bad Singilsh.

First of all, I thought everybody know this

Master Headphone Amplifier from Original.

I asked my colleague buy from China.

Is ok for me to let go at the same price I bought

(not making extra) if someone is interested.

Since I thought it is not a selling ad,

that is why i did not put this in the Classified.

I appologize for the confusion.

Attached a picture i got from internet.

post-2-1093080500.jpg

Regardless whether you make a profit or otherwise it's still called selling. If this was an interest check it still belongs in the Classifieds, these are clearly stated in the rules & regulations.

Anyway I won't moved this to the Classifieds if you intend to have further discussion about this amp, in particular about how it sounds etc. Note, if it's moved, all further discussions should be made via PM & I will delete our previous posts.

I reckon MJ is trying to raise interest on the Master amp and then offer it to the forum at purchase price. In which case, carry out the interest check/sale on classifieds and limit this thread to discussion of the amp's performance.

Incidentally, I also own this amp and duly testifies it's capable of driving SR80 (32ohm) and HD650 (300ohm). Anyone who likes a neutral sound should check out this amp. Only drawback (to DIYers) is the seemingly impossibility of removing the cover to view the interior, which is further prohibited by its piano finish chassis cover.

Edited by Mackie

makie have you compared this amp to any others in the same price range? at that price i suppose we cld be looking at some 2nd hand X-cans V2 so i'm just wondering which would be the better amp.

Yes, Mackie is right.

In fact I would like to bring your attention to this amp.

I understand from some reviews, this amp go very well with

the HD650. I do not have the HD650 yet, that is my dream.

Mackie, can you give more detail comment on HD650 go with

the Master Amp? Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited by Ma6Jia

Whats your favourite combination with this Mackie? The DT-150's since its also a neutral pair of cans or the HD-650's?

makie have you compared this amp to any others in the same price range? at that price i suppose we cld be looking at some 2nd hand X-cans V2 so i'm just wondering which would be the better amp.

I used to own X-can V1 with Mullard tube rolls + MF X-PSU and also auditioned V2 with the same tubes. I can't make a fair comparison on the sonic attributes of X-cans with Master amp but at this price, I have to favour the latter strongly.

Whats your favourite combination with this Mackie? The DT-150's since its also a neutral pair of cans or the HD-650's?

Can't say yet and all of U know DT150 is up on my altar for I worship its analytical and neutral sound; a marvellous tool for assessing any part of the sound system.

As yet, HD650 is gradually improving but I feel it's not reached optimal condition despite two weeks' of buring in. I forsee hearing more of the system engine with DT150 whilest HD650 would add a touch of class to it.

In the meantime, I love the partnership of DT990 with Master amp fronted by Marantz SA8260. This combo desires Tara Labs RSC Decade of which the mid range is more upfront than Tara Labs RSC Air 3. Switching to HD650, the reverse on interconnects is true in accordance to my taste. I believe Senn's signature in the mid range is at work here. It also presents a more supple sound to the Master amp which can sometimes tilt towards the leaner side when partnered with such acillaries/accessories.

Edited by Mackie