Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

New Beyers!

lol.giflol.gif

w00t.gifw00t.gif no la .. too heavy .... and i am very lazy .. too .... i rather try out sony cd 3k ... but i am very happy wif dt-880 liao ....biggrin.giflol.gif

ask mackie to lug his electrocompaniet down naughty.gifnaughty.giftongue.gif

Edited by Blues

go and audition and compare to the old beyers. Maybe mackie should be doing this?  tongue.gif

I think there's a need to restructure this sentence and replace the "should" to "could" so that I'm not obliged to carry out this audition? tongue.gif

I had a brief audition of DTX700/800/900 recently. Owners who own the higher series need not cringe as the new trendy series do not hold a candle to their relative counterparts (ie, model nos.). The new trendies are not expected to as they are priced in much lower brackets.

The 3 DTX are all open cans with 700 being the least opened and 990 the most. Let me talk more about the DTX flagship 900.

The mid range is pretty open and not shut in as commonly seen in cheaper cans while the highs are extended but not rough. The most notable signature is bass which is weighty in all 3 cans. Those who love trance, hip-hop and bassy music will love these cans. On Jazz and Classical music, they don't fare that well but there are no major complaints at these price tags.

Construction and design wise, I'm surprised they look pretty cool and non too cheaply made despite all the plastic. They are not foldable however. One final note, the cables are not coiled and look pretty respectable.

Edited by Mackie

w00t.gifyawn.gif Cool .... kicking.gif seem a worth buy .... whistling.gif