Sign in to follow this  
vulpix

My new DVD player! (Tomorrow)

http://www.neuston.com/en/dvx1201.asp

Ever since I saw it at Convergent, I fell in love with it, but the price tag of 400 buckeroos turned me off. I thought I would never be able to afford it...

The faithful day known as COMEX which will start tomorrow, will have the player at SGD$288 ($278 with coupon from computer times) from the Convergent booth. My heart lept with joy when I found out about this discount. w00t.gif

Why am I so crazy about it? It plays DivX, XviD, 3vix, and all sorts of files, and even SVCDs, DVDs, and Ogg Vorbis audio files. The image quality is pretty good too, but like they say, the quality is only as good as the source. A well ripped Matrix XviD file showed top notch quality, far beyond a normal puny VCD. yeah.gif

Tomorrow, it will be MINE.

PS. Please also pray that the Koss KSC-35s go through the customs without a 4% GST charge! ppth.gif

hey congrats laugh.gif

great can watch anime on tv already headphone.gif

Edited by Blues

I'm wondering if this's gonna work...since divx codecs and others get updated all the time. eg. we're at divx 5.0 now, so in future when stuff gets encoded in divx 6.0 or 7.0, the player becomes obsolete?

btw, any other good catches at comex? biggrin.gif

Blues, go there & snap some photos!

I'm wondering if this's gonna work...since divx codecs and others get updated all the time. eg. we're at divx 5.0 now, so in future when stuff gets encoded in divx 6.0 or 7.0, the player becomes obsolete?

btw, any other good catches at comex? biggrin.gif

It has flashable firmware, so HA! party.gif

Better bring some Divx n Xvid encoded disc to test first ... see whether it work.

Does the player play all region DVD? happy.gif

Me also interested in it ever since i saw a link on Xtremeplace forum.

Edited by WatCult

Yalor... exam finished oledy?

Vulpix how'd it go?

N@z: yaap finished hehe... did not too bad lah. A little below my expectation but still ok nonetheless happy.gif

Now preparing for the real O's in less than 2 months' time cool.gif

Godamn, I just bought this player, and it plays divx files like a charm. A well encoded divx 5 Bodnocks Saint video looks so much like a DVD, although not good, but it is very clear, and works well with the samsung CDRWs I bought at comex. More reviews to come.

Make sure you do not put in any media into your drive first, then key in 4 1 0 4 0 7 (Or was it 407410?) and viola! Choose your region. smile.gif