Sign in to follow this  
Darkkopi

Can Slam 2009 pictures & impressions

Thanks!! Still too busy in these days(maybe months||| :cry: ), will try to find a chance..do wish to come to your place to hear how good it can be for a fine tuned system...

The ASTINtrew CD player I think is belong to SkyAudio right? Not sure if it makes it one of the reasons for the magic mids..

No problem, just let me know when you can make it. This month is crazy for me too. :doh: I'm returning the ASTINtrew 3500 and go for the Plus version which Steve from SkyAudio has brought during the meet. :party: For the mid that you're talking about, it takes more than the cdp to produce. Share with you when we meet. :whistle:

http://www.astintrew.co.uk/at/at3500plus.html

Edited by ical

Thanks for the effort.

Lots of headfi p*o*r*n and energy in the meet. :)

Bravo to the organisers/photogs and the players themselves.

Aron and Kidult did the most work especially in logistic. :rclxms:. But still a little disappointing as I expected some hot babes to showcase our rigs as a bundle. :grin: :grin: Well, at least we've two nice ladies attending this meet and plenty of serious photogs. :prettyprincess: Looking at it's response, the effort and trouble is worthwhile. It nice to see everyone handling all the precious rigs with care. :party: Hopefully we can get some sponsors for the next meet in a much bigger venue at some nice hotel. :whistle:

the ASTINtrew cdp beside phonitor belongs to Cal. jig_sg is resolving some static issue with his Gilmore Stat. Amp

Have you tried with kidult's setup? kidult is using phonitor and 640c. ASTINtrew cdp is really musical.

arr....my is phonitor + 740c (modded) :blush:

But still a little disappointing as I expected some hot babes to showcase our rigs as a bundle. :grin: :grin:

$$$ not enough leh :doh:

No problem, just let me know when you can make it. This month is crazy for me too. :doh: I'm returning the ASTINtrew 3500 and go for the Plus version which Steve from SkyAudio has brought during the meet. :party: For the mid that you're talking about, it takes more than the cdp to produce. Share with you when we meet. :whistle:

http://www.astintrew.co.uk/at/at3500plus.html

Nice! For me, money not enough as usual. :(

arr....my is phonitor + 740c (modded) :blush:

$$$ not enough leh :doh:

Oop :doh: Just downgraded your cdp :blush:

Edited by theory_87

Really hoping that Astintrew releases the balanced CDP soon. :drool:

Really itchy to replace my source. :cry:

Your self poison never ends :grin:

Thanks!! Still too busy in these days(maybe months||| :cry: ), will try to find a chance..do wish to come to your place to hear how good it can be for a fine tuned system...

The ASTINtrew CD player I think is belong to SkyAudio right? Not sure if it makes it one of the reasons for the magic mids..

On the meet jig_sg's rig(the electrostatic amp) has some maintenance work..Anything happen to the electrostatic amp?

Make sure your will is strong should you visit his place, the poison is strong there.

My advise : FOCUS!

BTW, he also got sucked into electrostats, so BEWARE!

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Yes, they're releasing it next year. :party:

Edited by ical

Hahaha... this meet got soooooooo much publicity. Sg Canslam world "reknown" liao. Next meet would be more taxing, require more effort to keep up the "standard" - must be slammer! :lol:

I believe most members will have quite an impressive collection by then to spread the poison around. :party:

I haven't changed my DAC, amp and main headphone for more than a year already, hopefully I'll have something new next time. :think:

You're very welcome.

The darkvoice 337 was brought by my buddy RickEC. It has different tubes from mine and sounds considerably warmer. The dv 337, like all tube amps, can have its SQ altered significantly by tube rolling. You'll be amazed at how different our two dv 337s sound... :))

The Marantz 8003 is mine. But it has been modded by James of Effective Audio Mods so what you're hearing is not the sound of a stock 8003. The mods cost almost as much as the player itself but I feel that it's worth it (mods plus player still one of the cheaper CDPs at the meet :grin: ) The mods have given me more bass and a longer decay in the notes, especially for cymbals. That was what I needed, so I'm happy :party:

Glad you enjoyed our set-up bro :rclxms: