Sign in to follow this  
dnka

what to upgrade if i have only one choice?

hi guys, i use an ipod classic with creative ep830 earphones when i'm on the road. If I have $200 to spend, would you: change the player, upgrade the earphones or buy a portable amp?

i listen to primarily R&B, jazz & some pops... all advice appreciated... thanks :)

I think you will get the best value by changing your phones. Do go and try out the Westones UM1 at Stereo Electronics at Plaza Sing or Jaben at Adelphi. I don't think an amp is necessary but if you can afford the cost and the bother of carrying more things, you can get a LOD and an amp.

Edited by heady

thanks guys... in addition to westone um1 which heady recommended, any others i can look out for, given the genres i listen to?

Maybe something from Shure? The se110 or se210 might fit. Or the UE sf3 if you don't mind the design. Some like it though, I personally find it cool too.

Edited by nofing

I'd recommend going down to Jaben to try out some phones. Personally i think there are other iems that gives better Price:SQ than the lower end shures, westones or UE's.

@Jaben, u can try Crossroads Woodie 1 or 2, Hippo Shrooms or Hippo VB all sound very good and is priced competitively as well.

or Head-direct.com, i believe the RE0 goes for USD 79, which is a steal considering that it really gives some of the best universal iems a run for their $$.

Edited by ferrari85