Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

Buying and mantaining vintage discmans in S'pore

wahaha ... wacko.gif i sold a game to my friend and found out that he have a d465 blink.gif bUt is SUPERRR unmint condition yawn.gif .... wonder how much it worth kicking.gifw00t.gif .. but the set is really heavy lol.gif .. it make of metal laugh.giflaugh.gif

Good to hear that heehee w00t.gif ... so sound wise ?? laugh.gif .... haiz ... izzit in the old top model ( most people wanted to own ? ) series ...... kicking.gif

hey duncan's thread is updated quite sometime already. btw i got it for $95, quite expensive but it is in very good condition.

opps, ok didn't see. Phew, luckily I saw his review. If I rushed for one, I would have regretted. I'm somwhere b/w basshead and a non-basshead. My theory is, as long as it does not affect the sound, and is not too overpowering, the more bass the merrier! Phew glad I didn't get D465.

I'd love an E905 though, for its line out.

no i think i should say i'm opposite of a bass-head. donno how you call that. from my choice of cans, akg 501, etys, sony cd1700 and beyer 880, you can see they don't have more bass like the beyer 770 or maybe the cd3k. Blues has to be a true blue basshead no matter how much he denies......

me opposite (sort of): EX70, Altec Lansing 621... all the bass heavy stuff. no bass no talk. party.gif

Maybe also because of music preference. What kind of music do you like. For me rock & pop. maybe that explains partly why. Blues also like pop. sleep with jay chou every night ( I mean jay chou playing on his CD3K which he is sleeping with)

Quite frankly now that I've spent some quality time with the DT880, the bass is really something. Alot of detail & extension to it.

BIG bass is a novelty, you'll outgrow it eventually. In the mean time, enjoy it.

Well cool .. w00t.gif . to hear that beyer 880 wub.gif the bass is good laugh.gif .. hee hee ... anyway .... lekguan ... you did mention that you are sending your D-777 to service ? kicking.gif so have you send ... ??? yawn.gif ya i send mine today feel so great ... making a long trip down ... going to collect after my 'O's ... hee hee .... innocent.gif

hmm and .... wanna know which amp goes well with D-777 ? laugh.gif can .... Ha-1 be a good amp ? lol.gif ( i not really looking for porta amp ) wahah .. so lame man me ... lol ..... kicking.gifblush.gif

WAhhaaa just check it out with sony for the service for D-777 ... the upper panel cost $74 ... w00t.gif . the bottom panel cost $42 ... smoke.gif the laser head cost $$55 no.gif and the the rack is $3~5 . whistling.gif ... and service charge $40 ... lol.gifhammer.gifhammer.gif killing ... a rip off lol.giflol.gif

what is the "rack"

the holder for the lens ..

no i think i should say i'm opposite of a bass-head. donno how you call that. from my choice of cans, akg 501, etys, sony cd1700 and beyer 880, you can see they don't have more bass like the beyer 770 or maybe the cd3k. Blues has to be a true blue basshead no matter how much he denies......

Well, at the same time I enjoy listening to the er-4s in the afternoon. Yeah I listen to 4s in the afternoon(cd3k too hot for this time!) and cd3000 when it starts to get dark and I on the aircon and stuffs.

The bass is definitely not like cd3k's kind of slam but nevertheless it still has the depth that you can 'hear'.

So I can't really call myself a bass-head because of the fact that I own and enjoy the etys. Contradictory but true ppth.gif

OT: Why do you only use the aircon only in the evenings when it is cooler? Should be the other way round. This is the ontradictory part. tongue.gif