Gouki

Need a can in 2 days!

If you tried it out of the line out jack without an amp you'd get nothing at all! What I meant was the sound quality would be better using an amp connected to the line out rather than the headphone out.

That's for sure. From the usual headphone jacks, you will be able to hear some noise in the background but the lineout seem to have some form of noise cancellation, that's why you get better sound. However, when I tried with my Sharp DS8 (Class D amp), the noise was non-existent at all. headphone.gif

Edited by Northern Oak

I think the noise from headphone jack have some thing to do with the design, some jack is designed to drive high impedance phones, if you use low impedance phone, the noise occurs. My old denon dm3 used to have noise when use earbuds, but don't when used with hd525; My cyrus 7 have slight noise for W100 and 1000, but it's silent for K501, and if I use my diy 4p-4s cable, the noise for W1000 disappear; W100 and 1000 have louder noise out of jack 2 (0 ohm) than jack 1 (64 ohm) of Creek 11se, and K501 is total silent out of two; When I use mx500, the volumn control can clear most noise from jacks (my tv for example).

So, the suggestion is everybody do a 4p-4s for your self, it's easy and good. cool.gif

I agree with you ting. Higher Impedances -> less noise ; Lower Impedance -> more noise

My opinion on this is that the noise out of the headphone jacks, be it high impedance or low impedance load is the same. Both the music and noise signals drives your headphone in the same way. However, as the noise signal is much smaller than that of you music signal, (as described by the SNR Signal-to-Noise Ratio performance), this weaker signal finds it harder to drive the higher impedance load than a lower one, therefore it would appear that it's less noisy on higher impedance load.

Just a theory so dun flame me ! wacko.gif