Gouki

Need a can in 2 days!

So beware if anyone who visits Hong Kong next time (preferably not in the near future due to SARS), if you do come across a steal in cans' prices, remember there are fake ones lurking around photo.gif

hahha.. yeap. will do

thanks for the caveat smile.gif

Gouki or anyone else!!! Get me a pair of the 66 Eggos if the price is $80. I can pay you via paypal just pass it to Rameish in the mean time. I can fetch it from him when I come to Spore later this year. Purleeeeeeze!!!

Hi people,

I'm back and I have the Eggos.

I couldn't find the $80 guy and when I asked his fellows, they didn't know what model I was talking about. That guy said that he didn't have any at the shop yesterday, but he could get one for me. I'm thinking that perhaps he meant the D22, not the D66. Anyway, I think $80 was too low as well since bluetin seems to be selling them at almost double the price.

Anyway, found another shop in the same place (it was lucky plaza) and bought the D66SL for .....

$95.

I don't know if it is really D66SL (the packaging says so and it is printed on the phones). It seems strange as the price doesn't seem to match what the market offers. I think perhaps it was stored in the shop for the last 2-3 years collecting dust and nobody wanted to buy them (at their original price). I hope they are not fakes!!!

Anyway, they are in my possession, if I find that they are not the real thing, then I'll know where to go smile.gif

Can anyone give me some advice on breaking-in methods for this particular headphones?

Thanks once again, man what a rush. I'm glad I have a can for my trip smile.gif

Oh one more thing,

Is the D66L and the D66SL the same thing?

Wow, "Heart of Asia" sounds pretty strong smile.gif

The abbreviations at the end actually helps to differentiate the models. To my knowledge, SL -> short length cord 0.5m, can be coupled to the remote of a portable device without having too long a chord. The other would be LP, where the chords are usually much longer. However, I did not know of any Sony models that's just D66L, unless it's a fake.

Edited by Northern Oak

hmm..lucky plaza. interesting..might go and take a look sometime. care to post some pics of the D66L you got? sounds like the real thing, but no harm comparing the pic to what we've seen smile.gif

Hi,

On the phones, it says MDR D66.

On the box, it says MDR D66SL 40mm, 40 ohms, 106dB/mW etc etc... made in Japan.

Is this right?

I have the short cable plus the extension cable.

I have a camera but don't know where to post the picture to.

Can somebody help me with my breaking-in query? thanks.

woohoo! D66s for $95!! w00t.gif

which floor shop Gouki?

oh, to help you, once again quoting from Jan Meier

break-in

A headphone straight out of the box often sounds light at the bass and slightly aggressive or diffuse. The electromechanical properties of the drivers haven't settled down yet. It is strongly recommended to run the headphones for 24 48 hours with some continuous bass-heavy music before you start listening.

First have the music run for a few hours at a low sound level. Next a few hours at medium level and after this the headphones can be run at a high level for the rest of the break-in.

Break-in improves the mechanical properties of the suspension of the drivers and also "tightens" the windings of the coil. With certain headphones the difference is day and night.

Gouki, to attach a pic, just click "add reply" above (not quick reply box below), there's an option for uploadin a picture, just select browse and select the file on your hdd yes.gif

yes.gifyes.gif I can attach pics now. Here's both my Sony D66SL and D22SL. My cans say D66 on the phones and D66SL on the box so Gouki, I think you got the right cans, (or both of us got the wrong ones). Congrats!!!

http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/avacc/headphone...ndex.cfm?PD=811

post-2-1049031173.jpg

Edited by Northern Oak