Gouki

Need a can in 2 days!

Make sure you bring enough to pay for the R10 asking price. Last I heard it was around US$3,000~4,000. blink.gif

Either way, good luck finding them! Now THAT I'd love to hear on your new headamp ablaze! tongue.gif

OK,

I went to Orchard today and saw the Sony D66l at a couple of shops. They were selling at between $80 to $95. How much are they worth anyway?

I also saw a lot of A.Technicas at one shop, one looked a lot like the MDR 7506, some looked like the D66L. I asked the guy about them, but he doesn't seem to know much about them.

Almost all of the shops did not want me to try their phones (but they most certainly wanted me to buy them).

Now, for anyone who is interested in buying a car, phone or even a pair of shoes, wouldn't they want to try them first before purchasing. Why won't these sales people let me try their cans?

Anyway, I tried a pair of cans called PRO2, I've never heard of it before but they looked quite similar to the EGGOs. The sound was not bad, had some bass but sounded a bit blurry/muffled. Perhaps it needed breaking in. Cost of this was $150.

Went to another shop, they quoted $60!!! Wow!!! What a great price difference.

Next, I tried a Sony shop and saw the MDR V500DJ and MDRV700DJ. With a bit of persuasion, the sales person let me try the V500. Not bad, doesn't quite compare with my Senn. e2770 but it wasn't bad. It definitely need an amp as it wasn't very loud.

I didn't want to inconvenient the sales guy, so I bypassed the V700. I compared the impendence of each, the V500 was rated at 40ohms, whereas the V700 was rated at 28ohms. Perhaps, the V700 would be more suitable for portables.

ANyway, as it turned out, I didn't buy anything today, will go to Sim Lim square tomorrow to check out more headphones.

Buying a headphone is difficult, it seems as though I will need to rely on other people's opinions on the web and take a gamble.

It seems as though the D66L may be what I need for now. Given the price, I think its not bad but I need to listen to it first before buying!!! DOH!

My apologees for the badly written summary of my day, I walked everywhere and was feeling very tired. Gawd I miss my Senns.

Senn eH2270 is quite a good phone.. it was my first headphone. I used them for my air travel. They don't quite block the noise though...

I would rather that you get beyerdynamic dt250-80.This was my second headphone. sounds very fine out of portable . good and clear bass. overall quite warm sounding. They cost ard 260 though.Isolate slightly more than eH2270.

try the mdr-7506 or V6 .. they should be well below 200.. soundwise I think they are quite good. Recommended by alot of head-fiers as starter phone.

Sony D66L at $80?? Gouki, you sure you saw the right thing? its selling for $140+ at bluetin!! could you tell us which shops EXACTLY that you saw the D66L? wow at that price, I think I should get some!! ohmy.gif

pic for confirmation

user posted image

(courtesy of fellow head-fier)

haha.. I should get some too.. if it's really at 80!! a STEAL I would say! ph34r.gif

Haha, perhaps I'm smoking something special tongue.gif

Well, that was what the guy quoted.

I'm a seasoned bargainer, so I kind of bluff the guy and asked for $75, he said he couldn't do it. Then as I was leaving the shop he quoted $80. Actually, I didn't know how much they cost. But now I do. I'm going to go back there again if it is still cheaper than Sim Lim Square.

I think I'm definitely going to get the D66SL. I've read a lot of articles from head-fi.org and found that this would be better for me than the MDR V6 (7506). Easier to drive and seems to work well in noisy environments despite its semi closed design.

I was looking at Phillips' HP890, but wasn't as easy to drive and apparently wasn't comfortable for long distance travelling (looks odd too).

The Senn. e2770 was the second Senn phone I bought (From the same shop too, hung bros at SIm Lim). My first was the Senn 570 which I still love. I haven't heard the 580,590 or 600 so I am not experienced enough to know what is good and what is average. The 570 has served me well while watching movies from my PC as well as playing games.

I bought the e2770 for the purpose of playing from a portable. I was suppose to buy a portable amp later as it wasn't loud enough (for me anyway, I'm partially deaf). I haven't had the time to shop around for amps. Its very similar to my 570, I can't really tell the difference between it and the 570 except for the bass, which was a lot punchier/stronger than the 570. I use both for watching movies at home between 2 people. Our collection of headphones are more expensive than the surround system we put together :-) We have a very large projector though tongue.gif

Can anybody else recommend places in Singapore for buying the D66SL? Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it very much.

actually, I think you're the first person to have discovered the D66L in any shop here ohmy.gif

you haven't told us which shop it is that you got $80 from!

Hi,

Well I think I found 2 shops that sold the D66L. They were in Orchard, but I can't remember the name of the shopping centre. It could be Far East but can't quite remember the name sorry!

When I go back, I'll check it up!

yeah.. do check if they are really d66l...

hehehe .. couldn't believe it is selling so cheap..

gouki: eH2270 is a good phone... bass is good.. for the price the can is v fine... furthermore they are v light.

If you haven't heard hi end cans.. they will sound v fine. Only when I got my beyer dt250 and 770 , then I realised that the eh2270 has a strange soundstage.. and abit hollow and dry.

Sony D66L at $80?? Gouki, you sure you saw the right thing? its selling for $140+ at bluetin!! could you tell us which shops EXACTLY that you saw the D66L? wow at that price, I think I should get some!! ohmy.gif

pic for confirmation

user posted image

(courtesy of fellow head-fier)

The last time D66SL was available at any local shop that I know of (about 2-3 years back), the price was close to $160 so I would really want to advise Gouki that he had better made sure that he see the right Sony D66SL.

BTW, I read an article from this HK website that talk about fake Sony streetstyle headphones (in Chinese, sorry)

http://www.51digi.com/digitalwalkman/buy/0...635/article.asp

Spot the fake one ....

the fake one looks awful man..

it looks like cheapo 5 dollar phone.. I mean the coating and all... yucks.. so toyish