Northern Oak

DT880 showcased in Chinese Papers

not discontinued.

but it is limited. worldwide only 3000 izzit? I forgot liao.

coz it was released for their anniversary.

even with my new (actually its "old", could never afford a new one wacko.gif) amp, total cost of amp and cans still doesn't exceed a new W2002 sleep.gif

w2002 is more of collector item I guess..

they are not worth the price

but the finishing sure looks great w00t.gif

Now this is more like it! Hot topic discussion! Everyone expressing their point of views.

I've never had the privilige to listen to any of these cans before. I'm hoping that will all change in the near future. These are very interesting cans.

N@Z, you'd better heal your wallet first after that hefty Apple purchase.

Don't think I will have a chance to get the W2002 but I think the W1000 may be in range for me laugh.gif

Would the AKG K501 be similar to the W1000, as I do know that the K501 work wonder for classical and jazz but fizzle out on pop and rock. Would the W1000 be adequate to fill my head with wonderful pop and rock, or should I look for something else?

Edited by Northern Oak

Yeah, just can't seem to get enough or rather stop.

If at the very least I can listen/compare them to my current headphones I am happy. Sometimes you need something to aspire to otherwise life would be boring, don't cha think? wink.gif

The cans I would most like to hear is the Sony R10 & Grado HP-1's I may not end up buying them but if I end up really liking them after listening to them then I would certainly save up to get them. These other cans have their hardened fans so I am also curious to hear what their specialty are. Variety is the spice of life... but don't tell my wife! HYUK!

Sony R-10 is touted as the king of headphone...

but they cost bomb!!

wow... someday if I am more or less financially established I wish to get this one smile.gif.. of course, if they still have it in production huh.gif

N@Z, you'd better heal your wallet first after that hefty Apple purchase.

Don't think I will have a chance to get the W2002 but I think the W1000 may be in range for me laugh.gif

Would the AKG K501 be similar to the W1000, as I do know that the K501 work wonder for classical and jazz but fizzle out on pop and rock. Would the W1000 be adequate to fill my head with wonderful pop and rock, or should I look for something else?

Sure the W1000 will do the job for you. Compare to 501, the 1000 has much more deep and tight bass, more fine and extended high, for mid, they are different, but equally good while 1000 is more transparent and detailed. I still keep the 501 because I may miss that different kind of sound someday, I still need a open and cooler can sometimes, 501 is still a great can on it's own way and I love it. I don't think I can sell it for much so I just keep it for fun. It's hurt to let something so good go headphone.gif

It's good to know that the W1000 sounds different from the K501 as I would rather spend my dough on such rather than getting another headphone that's going to be similar sounding to what I have already.

Looking back at the K501, I do like the airy and wide soundstaging expressions but there's one thing I don't understand.

Rameish earlier mentioned that this can sounds dry, what "dryness" is he referring to? The description of sound by the seasoned head-o-philes can be difficult for a newbie like me to apprehend. Anyone care to elaborate?

Have you ever heard that kind of sound that make you think it's liquid? "dryness" is just the opposit, am I right, Rameish? headphone.gifrolleyes.gifinnocent.gif

Er... am I getting more confused now ? Does dryness mean the music sound analytical. that it doesn't flow at all?