Sign in to follow this  
Absolute0

Paypal Help!

I just signed up for a paypal account but i dunno how to lift the sending and withdrawal limit. I have already added my credit card though. Anyone has any idea? Do I sign up for the Expanded Use Program?

This account is mainly for paying for the purchases I made on Head-fi's buy/sell forum, and some ebay auctions. It would be a lot easier if someone with a working paypal account can help me transfer the money and I will pay you back + commission.

Thanks in advance.

I understand from my transaction with Q00 recently, there is a 4 day waiting period for paypal to clear your creditcard. If there is still no change by then you'll have to email them.

Thanks a lot from the advice!

I have another question though. How much do you guys usually pay for shipping from the states to Singapore? The sellers usually provide price quotations including shipping within America, so what would be a reasonable price to pay for shipping?

Normally around US$10-15 for items less than 4 pounds by Global Priority. If by UPS or Fedex will be much more dearer >US$30. Had paid around US$35 for a BDR's "The Shelf" which weight around 10 pounds by global priority b4. But still worth it as 50% of local pricing.

I just signed up for a paypal account but i dunno how to lift the sending and withdrawal limit. I have already added my credit card though. Anyone has any idea? Do I sign up for the Expanded Use Program?

This account is mainly for paying for the purchases I made on Head-fi's buy/sell forum, and some ebay auctions. It would be a lot easier if someone with a working paypal account can help me transfer the money and I will pay you back + commission.

Thanks in advance.

it will take you 4 days to clear your transaction. once thats done, there will be a 4 digit number in your credit card statement "paypay xxxx" if u check it online, otherwise must wait for bank statement.

Once you enter, the limit is lifted. Quite troublesome but seems pretty logical from a security point of view...

Thanks a lot. So it's a MUST to join the Expanded Use Program? Hmmm...so it isn't FREE to sign up for paypal afterall.

Cool ... never know is that "chim" to use paypal .... and there a commission charges on the transfer for the money laugh.gifw00t.gif

Certainly but the convenience, speed & cheaper transaction fees (compared with bank transfers) out weigh the disadvantages.

The rate paypal charges is 4 percent of each transfer...

One more thing to note is that paypal charges only in certain currencies. say u wanna get something at 100 usd so when u make the transfer using paypal, u pay 104 usd because of the 4 percent.

I have to agree with N@Z, it is way faster. Once you are cleared and u can use the expanded use program, the transactions are almost instant.

another question, how do you add funds to your paypal account if only a US bank account can be added?

sorry if it's a stupid question...

Thanks in advance.

it will take you 4 days to clear your transaction. once thats done, there will be a 4 digit number in your credit card statement "paypay xxxx" if u check it online, otherwise must wait for bank statement.

Once you enter, the limit is lifted. Quite troublesome but seems pretty logical from a security point of view...

No lah, just call your credit-card customer service, ask for this particular transaction for paypal and request for the xxxx number. Think the customer service officer already numb with such requests, gave it to me straight when request for it.

So do not need to wait till statement arrive.

Cheers!

Edited by reccaflame

you can add it via your credit card

How do you add funds from your bank account using a credit card? I think this is more relevant to those without credit cards, as those with credit cards can easily pay through them, meaning there is no necessity to add funds from one's bank account at all.