Sign in to follow this  
richieleo

Recommend goodheadphones for sports

Guys, I'm new here. I'm not sure if this has been asked before. If it has please dun flame me.

I am searching for a good pair of headphones to use when I work out in the gym or when I job. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

Some questions to narrow down potential recommendations:

- Do you need isolation (from outside noise, in case you need to block out gym music).

- How much are you thinking of spending.

- Do you prefer earbuds, clip ons or full sized headphones.

- What will you use with the headphones. Portable CD, MD player etc.

- Any other relevant information you can give.

Do you need isolation (from outside noise, in case you need to block out gym music). This is not crucial.

Do you prefer earbuds, clip ons or full sized headphones.

earbuds or clip ons. The point is that they must be secure.

What will you use with the headphones. Portable CD, MD player

mp3 player.

Any other relevant information you can give

Cost is not an issue

Edited by richieleo

Earbuds or clip-ons can't really cost that much, and even the most expensive canalphones (Shure E5's) are ONLY -->tongue.gif He doesn't care abt isolation anyway...

kk... biggrin.gif

I know one earphone that is meant for workout. I tried the KSC-22 and is great pairing with my MD. Where is the pic.....

Bass response is slightly higher than kcs-35. Selling S$45 at Hung Bros.

I would like that for my present.

user posted image

Edited by jasonhanjk

kk... biggrin.gif

I know one earphone that is meant for workout. I tried the KSC-22 and is great pairing with my MD. Where is the pic.....

Bass response is slightly higher than kcs-35. Selling S$45 at Hung Bros.

I would like that for my present.

user posted image

does it jiggle when you run? I tried the kcs-50 and it moves when I run.

I would recommend the KSC35's, my initial impression on these are really favourable indeed although I have yet to use them extensively. The down side is, it's not readily available, checkout the KOSS USA site for more information.

OTOH, if price is not an issue! Checkout the Bang & Olufsen A8's. Too me this earbuds are seriously underrated. Part of the reason being they are expensive (~SG$150 IIRC). I think they sound very good indeed with my iPod and the construction/bulid quality is exceptional and when you put them on right it stays. From my personal experience, I alternate between these and my Sony D-66SL Eggos with not much of sonic trade offs.

Good Luck in your search.

Edit - Grammar

Edited by matbon0013

Your mp3 player is harddisk, RAM or CD based? If it's hard or cd, there maybe skipping problem.

Charismatic, I think you meant RAM = Flash Memory. Yeah, this is the only one with no moving parts. Why not just shoot the MP3 Player brand/model as well.

The 'behind the neck band style' should be the most secure. Like Koss KSC55 (similar design to the clipon KSC50) & whatnot.

Charismatic, I think you meant RAM = Flash Memory. Yeah, this is the only one with no moving parts. Why not just shoot the MP3 Player brand/model as well.

Yes, u r rite, lekguan.

The reason I posted the question is that having the best-fit hp/eb/hg/ep is not enough, u source should not be a skippy-prone one such as CD or HD type of players.