Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

C521BEE CD Player

hi guys

i'm looking for a new CD player priced around s$300 - $350

i think the C521BEE is a little over this, so wondering is it worth paying that little extra or can i get somthing as good or better for my budget?

i think there is another model just below this, but can't remember the model no.

rolleyes.gif

Isn't this the succesor to the C521i? Supposedly marketed at the same price yet yielding a bigger improvement in sound & gives big brother C541i a run for it's money which itself gets a remake to C542.

tropicrip:

at that price range, marantz cd6000OSELE is worth to look at. Have you tried comparing the 2?

hm besides you might want to try and look out for used marantz cd7300.. I think they will be just arpound that price(maybe slightly more)

ok

i never tried a marantz before... blush.gif

also looking at the Tascam models, the lowest being CD166 its rack-mount ready so i can put it together with my other studio gear in a 19" rack (more gear w00t.gif looks cool too) but i don't a rack yet biggrin.gif

Look like U lean towards pro gears and pro series of Denon and Marantz cdps spring to mind (they come with mounting ears). However, they are nowhere near your budget of $300-350.

yes mackie i think only the Tascam CD166 is rack mount in this price range, Denon & Marantz pro series price is way too high for me no.gif

any coments on the CD166?

but i still prefer the clean design of NAD, simple layout

Sorry, I have no experience with Tascam. However, I had auditioned Marantz Pro PD321 and Denon. I think u can buy these for $500-700.

i own a NAD, it's nice in term of everything, except no headphone jack. party.gif

cheap and nice.

i used to tap the rca out and let it drive AKG501. nice...... yes.gif

how u control the volume from the RCA side? unsure.gif

won't it be too lough wacko.gif