Sign in to follow this  
evil-zen

Serial number of your etymotics 4

Mine is 4979 and 4990. I guess they are pretty much antique compared to the recent ones. Let's see how old are your etymotics and the number of pairs in singapore!

I assume you are reffering to the numbers printed on the L & R of the driver housing. Mine is 32177 31504 which is even older than yours. I got mine from headroom in July 2002. I'm curious what the current versions look like as it was mentioned in Head-Fi that the cable texture is slightly different.

DSC00014.jpg

I think evil's one is very old as he got it from someone else in the mid of this year. I got mine quite recently hence the no.

Judging by his serials, probably already 1-2 year old!

oh yea.. my cable is still the same hee..

the microphonic rolleyes.gif

Edited by Blues

yeap mine looks exactly like yours except for the tips. tongue.gif mine are third hand already, the first owner most prob had it for several years untouched then sold it to the previous owner. i guess my pair is maybe 4-5 years old?

yeah maybe got 4-5 .

anyone thinking of changing his cable?

maybe me .. hmm but I heard 50 dollars? blink.gif

expensive tongue.gif

Is the cable on the 4P 'matt' compared with the 'shiny' 4S?

The serial nos. only indicate the manufacturing batch, mine is 38506 and 38523 about 4 month old. tongue.gif

Edited by Barradio

Ok I'll jump on this even though I'm not in Singapore. Mine is Left 42716 Right 42783 bought from the States through ablaze's contact 6 months ago.

Evil zens ety's definitely the oldest me thinks, from the senior 4 digit serial number as compared to our 5 digits. etys.gif

Yeah that's a good point. He's is still the oldest in terms of ownership age. It would be interesting to know when you bought yours too.