jasonhanjk

SUNTEC city mini meet

back liao happy.gif

i think it was a good meet, got to try out jason's PPA

here are some pics

user posted image

the PPA, casing not in the picture sorry tongue.gif

user posted image

the source, my MPio & jason's Sony MD i think its MZR-70, forgot to put in kenshinz's Panasonic PCDP, but it was there biggrin.gif

user posted image

lastly the star attaction of the meet jason's HD600 party.gif

Jason,

It seems you put bypass caps for the opamps? Those huge heat sinks makes your PPA look like a high end graphic card.. biggrin.gif

Jason,

It seems you put bypass caps for the opamps? Those huge heat sinks makes your PPA look like a high end graphic card.. biggrin.gif

not sure what that means but the PPA sure sounds good, gave more details to my Koss plug etys.gif

i also thinks its very close to my Creek OBH-11 se in terms of sound yes.gif

Really need to say a very big Thank You to Jason !!

Got to try out hiss HD600 and the PPA yeah.gif Soundwise, everything is much more detailed very spacious sound.. I'm able to hear the distortions and flaws in my mp3 even those encoded at 192kbits and above which I'm usually unable to hear (Time to move back to CDs). Find it a bit soft thot, have to max out the volume on my PCDP.

All in all a very informative meeting. Got to learn a lot from Jason who was very patient with me asking all sorts of question about amp building even thot some of my questions were downright stupid tongue.gif

Now I'm really looking forward to the meeting in Jan next year. Hope to meet everyone and learn more then. party.gif

Those huge heat sinks makes your PPA look like a high end graphic card.. biggrin.gif

Haha now that u mentioned it.. Yes it does resembles one -- Jason's Geforce PPA tongue.gif

well i hope the meet was on sunday .. cos i going to bring along my 880 for my friend to use and may let of you try out ..

well first i am sorry that i cannot meet all of you as i am busy with some stuff ... got ot meet friends to trade even my friend cannot get his cds ...) i feel sorry for him (

well i can tell is a good meet .. sure enjoy .... why not you all post some preview here !!!

It's ok lah, new_type.

January is just 2 short months away (maybe 3).

The heatsink is use to cool down the buffer as it gets warmer as the voltage source increase. Would not add a fan to make it look like Radeon... lol.gif

I add the poly cap in the opamp position as the AD8610 is just below the board. Too bad you guys didn't flip it around.... tongue.gif

Kenshinz, nobody is stupid. They just need some time to learn new things... happy.gif

happy.gif ya ... that cool ... but in a fan... cool ... well i don't think is possible at first .... but jason is a PPA builder so it look cool ....!! well hope to see it when it have it's own clothes on and improvement ... over it ....

CHeersSSSSS wink.giflaugh.gif

I add the poly cap in the opamp position as the AD8610 is just below the board. Too bad you guys didn't flip it around....  tongue.gif

yes,yes it was there i saw it biggrin.gif

or rather i saw some more components under the board when i took it out hammer.giflol.gif

oops.... biggrin.gif

Can say I a bit kiasu... Since the heatsink replace the 6 0.1uF poly cap location, so I add 4 underneath... tongue.gif

There will be cloths on the PPA on January meet. Today is for testing...

Sorry guys... couldnt make it down cause i overslept on the beach... lol.gif

I really wanted to audition the PPA...

no.gif

Will wait for january with much anticipation.... if not, i will have my hands on one my self.. lol.gif

If you intend to build it, you can post some help and we could tell you where to get the parts.

Learn a lot from jtfoo... cool.gif

It's only running 9v?

7.2V biggrin.gif and there is no clipping... innocent.gif

I intend to go 9.6V and stay there for portable... whistling.gif

Now 2 hours of using 7.2V 1600mAh, when will be the battery dead? sleep.gif