Sign in to follow this  
lekguan

PX100

Ah, got my PX100 today. Hm, at first i felt it sounded all too muddy, lack of highs and too much midbass. Then I started thinking about possible reasons for this. It smells new, looks new, feels new, and maybe it sounds new as well. I pmed seller and he said it was used for less than 5 hrs. Now its burning in.

OK, 1 thing i really liked: its weight. Its just so light weight!

Edited by lekguan

heya..

am a newbie here.

got a question for ya, would ya recommend da PX100 if i were to use it on da bus/train? im not soo worried bout da noise leaking out, but more on da the noise leaking in. i have been eyeing on da PX100 for a while. or maybe, i should get da PX200, since its a 'closed' one?

is PX200 worth da 'isolation' factor? or am i better off with da PX100?

thanx alot dude party.gif

I got the KSC-35 recently through the power buy. So I used it once over the weekends in a saloon while waiting for my wife for her hair-do. That is the time I felt that an open headphone just dun work to my satisfaction at that type of noisy environment. I am not complaining about the performance but the outside noise is just to interfering. So I bought a PX200, somebody letgo in this forum.

I have a HD280pro, which is really good in terms of isolation but is just too big for weekends.

Just to share my experience.

heya..

am a newbie here.

got a question for ya, would ya recommend da PX100 if i were to use it on da bus/train? im not soo worried bout da noise leaking out, but more on da the noise leaking in. i have been eyeing on da PX100 for a while. or maybe, i should get da PX200, since its a 'closed' one?

is PX200 worth da 'isolation' factor? or am i better off with da PX100?

thanx alot dude  party.gif

PX200 is "closer" than PX100. Thus the "isolation" factor is better.

PX200 is "closer" than PX100. Thus the "isolation" factor is better.

PX100 is not even closed. Ok, let me put it thisway, if you find the bus engine not noisy at all, well...

For me, after having used my Sony EX70 on almost every bus ride, I now cannot stand sitting at the back of the bus, or riding in a train which goes underground. The noise is just overwhelming.

Ok blues, 24 hr total usage has passed i guess, will be giving impressions soon.

im not soo worried bout da noise leaking out, but more on da the noise leaking in.

If you want to prevent noise leaking in, and portable u can try the following (not in any order)

Sony EX51 - What I'm using on the road now

Sony EX71 - Same as 51, but more bass

Sony EX70 - Think hard to find now

Koss "The Plug" - Cheaper than Sony, tropicalrips recommend changing the original sponges

Shure E series - Never use b4 better, check with the veterans here smile.gif

Etymotic - If you feeling very rich tongue.gif

Dunno about the rest, but when I first got my EX51, I got abit dizzy (very mild, nothing serious dun worry) walking around with them on, as you can hear your own footsteps with the music reverberating in your ears, and it sorta screws up your equilibrium. w00t.gif But its only for a while, after that you body automatically adjusts to it biggrin.gif

OK. after over 24hrs, it has changed, but not so as significant as my DT431 over the same amount of burn in time. Midbass down, I haven't detected a change. It is still as muddy as ever, and the bass, is just as tight as before (though, obviously, not as tight as full cans). However, there is a slight improvment on the muddiness brought about by the 'growing' highs and mids. The highs have more or less become apparent, though still not enough. These cans take longer to burn in than I though! Ok, so 1 final phrase: More burning in needed. Definitely!

I concur, after 48 hours I still let my PX200 burn-in a further few days. It loosened up further but don't expect miracles from what is ultimately fairly basic cans which is probably bettered in terms of sound quality by your DT431.

The PX-200 is a nice pair of cans and offers some isolation but not in the same class as the Sony MDR-7056. In terms of sound well, it's a bit of a give and take but I think the Sony's are slightly better (if memory serves me right). Can't tell for sure. The Senns do improve with amping though can be used quite successfully with a portable. I don't think it's MRT tunnel proof though. However, I do listen at very low volumes. If I do take a bus or train over the next few days I'll report back.

over 60 hrs of burn and I still can't stand the midbass of the PX100. OMG this is a real disappointment. Senn could have at least removed the damn midbass.

Other than that everything is fine. Very good in fact for such a small, light, portable cans.

edit: Oh yeah I forgot about this until I saw Rameish's post in the PX200 thread. Yes, it sounds MUCH better when place a little backwords. Less midbass and more highs. Down a little and it improves slightly as well. The midbass is still there, but very much less when placed backwards and downwards. Very good, I should say for a can with such lightweight design and so cheap. But I still find it somewhat muddy/vieiled because I think DT431 has very very little midbass.

Edited by lekguan