red_ryder

Newbie - need recommendations for headphones

Rub leng is that you need an amp to make any good headphone come alive - this is in reply to lengcm's send me an sms asking wat you mean by rub?

ooohhh I seeeee.... but that's the fact.. the DT 931 only sounds goods out of the 120 ohm Corda HA2 and the HA1. The other I have breifly heard is the RKV at Mackie's, which sounds really good as well.

Edited by lengcm

red ryder must be going wacko.gifblink.gif after reading all these posts!

Let's start another thread for the elusive amp for the HD600....

hav anyone tried jason's HD600 with his PPA?

i think only me & Kenshinz tried it during our "mini meet" in suntec city, i only tried it briefly.

headphone.gif first impressions :

birght on vocals

bass was a suprise

good staging

i think jason is tweaking it with some new stuff (regulated power supply) yes.gifheadphone.gif

Getting back on topic:

HD-931 is a very good buy at S$200.

HD-150 is a very nice closed headphone at its price.

Other players would be the Grado ST-125 (open), and the Senn HD-25 SP (closed).

Ultrasone HFI 650 should be nice but I have not heard it (that will change soon).

Hi Mackie,

thanks for the recommendation in XP - http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.ph...;threadid=21153

I am looking at Sennheiser HD212 pro, is it within my budget?

For those who are not aware, here's my requirements:

1 - Prefer closed cans, mostly only watch movies during the late night.

2 - Home Use, (80% Home Theater & 20% Music - Jazz, Vocals)

3 - Comfort is a must as movies can be as long as 3 hours.

4 - No Headphone Amp and don't intend to get one. Will be using my AV Amp (Denon A1SR).

5 - Budget abt $250?

Maybe you guys can give some recommendation as well. Thanks.

Hi duckling,

I'm not too good with Senns pricing as my specialty lies in Beyer (get the drift?).

Can anyone advise duckling on the price of senn 212 pro?

Btw, if U can up your budget by a tiny bit, DT150 is within your reach. A cans for all genres of music and sees no need for any upgrade for a long, long time.

Edited by Mackie

Hi duckling,

I'm not too good with Senns pricing as my specialty lies in Beyer (get the drift?).

Can anyone advise duckling on the price of senn 212 pro?

Btw, if U can up your budget by a tiny bit, DT150 is within your reach. A cans for all genres of music and sees no need for any upgrade for a long, long time.

I believe both the Senn & Beyer Cans are avaliable at Hungs Bro, although I dun really like the looks of DT-150 but will definitely try both of them.

Will also try out the HD280 Pro, seems to have good reviews - any comments?

Try out the cans at Hung Bro and if U have decided on a Beyer, pm me as I normally get great deals for these from overseas. Regulars here know of this fact.

Nothing major aside from the criteria I've highlighted in my post on Xtremeplace. If possible, listen to all the cans thru the same source and amp. Prior to that, make sure U take issue with comfort of each cans. U won't wear a pair of cans for long if it hurts. If U have a big head, high clamp pressure (3-5N for pro cans and 2-2.5 for consumer cans) may not be suitable for extended use.