Sign in to follow this  
tropicalrips

Battery Discharger

anyone knows how to build a discharger for a single 9v battery? hammer.gif

i need a simple circuit to discharge the 9v batt used in a Cmoy before recharging it, can anyone help, this should be quite simple for u guys smoke.gif

its Ni-MH but i think its still safer to discharge them before recharging, they are not cheap biggrin.gif

i'm looking for something thats more "high end" not just a row of light bulbs to drain the 9v

i think the battery will last longer if we discharge them to a certain voltage before recharging, it will also make them perform better (learn this racing RC cars smile.gif high performance 7.2v batt)

I also think there's no need to discharge first and no damage will be done. You should be more concern of overcharging, which is more damaging.

Read thru this site about memory effect..  http://www.dansdata.com/gz011.htm

i think i should throw away what i know from RC racing sleep.gif

we always discharge our cells to get the max punch from them, and we use up the 2000mAH in 5mins, u can cook an egg on the batt when its fully drain from a race w00t.gif

guess that doens't work for Cmoy biggrin.gif

what i learn for rc racing also got stuff about overcharging also...

but then i had this charger that kept it from overcharging...

turbo-thirty? it can charge the cell indivigually its also a discharger has a printer to print a report on the cell perforamce during the charging/discharging process w00t.gif

but it will also burn a big hole in your wallet biggrin.gif

hmmm why don't u use them in your cmoy until flat? that's what most people do anyway.

Keep doing this constantly and you'll need to replace your drivers as well.

Why?

Can damage your drivers as the voltage flux - ask firefox - he told me not to do it - something about an amp can output vdc when it's unstable (or the op amp is unstable). Anyways it made sense in another way - the amp goes into clipping as the battery dies. And clipping is very very bad for drivers.

Hmmmm, if let's say 2 batteries are in series and one of it dies. What happen is the other battery that is still alive and starts to charge the one that is flat; making it reverse polarity. After charging the flat battery in negative polarity for awhile, the flat battery will now come back to life and start discharging again. If the cycle goes on and on, it will create an oscilating voltage supply instead of DC. Or the so called fluctuating voltage.....

Is my theory correct??? whistling.gif

wacko.gifunsure.gifwacko.gifohmy.gif

sounds rite jason happy.gif

anyone with another theory?

so the 2 9v design is not safe? and it works best only when the batts are matched? unsure.gif

Can damage your drivers as the voltage flux - ask firefox - he told me not to do it - something about an amp can output vdc when it's unstable (or the op amp is unstable). Anyways it made sense in another way - the amp goes into clipping as the battery dies. And clipping is very very bad for drivers.

My META amps are unlike the PCII the do not clip when voltage drops. The amps completely cuts out the sound when voltage drops to 6v & below. A drag though having to discharge/recharge the battery after that hence where plainviews would work great in this case.