Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Beyerdynamic DT150 headphones

well Qoo you have to try it out ... it really soounded different laugh.gif Cd3 laugh.gif sounding is somewhere close to Dt 880 wub.gif which both of this cans sound far from the Dt 150 wub.gif .... i might get a Dt 150 w00t.gif later *hint*hint* yeah !! but to me cd3 wub.gif k can put into in consideration as it have special built for it comfort which most of the cans you all cannot get !! laugh.gifhappy.gifwub.gifwub.gifhappy.gif

mackie how much different?

I mean both a closed cans and i own a 7506 and the cd3k is like the 2nd oldest brother in the family so it might sound alike but it would be interesting to hear how it compares to a dt-150 and the difference in sonic signatures.

Excuse me sir, I've written a review of DT150 vs DT831 vs DT250 haven't I? It should provide U with some insights of the sonic difference. I think U have to try it out for yourself. A personal hearing beats a thousand words and opinions. wink.gif

Edited by Mackie

QOO,

The DT-150 sounds nothing like the DT-250, DT-831 or the MDR-7056. If you're after a closed can that offers what I would describe as close to neutrality then the DT-150 may indeed be your answer. Both 7056 and DT-831 are brighter tonally and the DT-250 is darker. But that arn't the only differences IMO. These are the real studio cans in Beyer's line up.

Rameish, what specifically about the DT250 do you find dark sounding? I don't find them dark at all.

hmm i find it too balance ... whaha ... not for my ears ... i guess so !!!! laugh.giflaugh.gifhappy.gif

N@Z,

If the DT-250 is not dark then what would you say about the DT-150 or DT-831? If the DT-150 is neutral then the DT-250 and DT-770 are dark.

It was a legit question I asked. I've never heard the DT831 so I wouldn't know but compared with the DT150 the DT250 sounded brighter to me. DT770 is definitely darkest of the three.

And it was a legit answer I gave LOL.

Well to me the DT-250 is darker than the DT-150. Maybe it's due to differnet amplification. Try it with the PCII and let me know if you still feel the same way.

Thank you guys for the massive imput... its amazing how things can escalate in the 1 day i was away.

Ok 7506 is similar to 831...check, will read up on the review again as per Mackie suggested.

Im very excited to hear that the dt150 has a lot of energy. And as Rameish pointed out at its neutrality, i would very much like to hear what being 'neutral' actually means. As of right now, all this terms are all abstract terms to me and the many infinite nuances are lost to me because i am unsure which sonic signature would describe dark or harsh or even how to differenciate harshness to sibilance.... i am a proud owner of a pair of untrained ears .. something which i hope to change by coming here. blush.gif

sorry to bring up the past but just a few questions on the Beyer DT 150

can you get cloth replacement for them? i am currently living in the tropics and it's nice and warm...

they are mainly for a mobileish studio setup, until i move back home to my actual studio with actual monitors, but that won't be for some time

has anyone had any problems with them? worn out... etc...

speczed: All parts of Beyer cans are replaceable. DT150 does not use velour pads (your context of cloth) but artificial leather.