Sign in to follow this  
icelemontea

sennheiser mx500

welll go try out then you know the result !!! cool.gifcool.gif

does noise cancelling make much difference?

i dont remember this earplugs have this function

mdr-888 from sony right, under $200

nothing against sony but mostly their products are more expensive and does not perform as well

any comments on the mdr-888?

so the mx500 is not noise cancelling?

I'm not exactly a fan of sony too(can see from other post). But the MDR888 is pretty good. I found a place to be selling pretty cheap, last piece I think.If I can confirm the price is a great catch.

e2 provides isolation, while E888 doesn't, I don't think its quite a fair comparison afterall, besides, the price range is somewhat different.

noise cancelling features, most of the time, only add on the price but not the sound. so forget about active noise cancelling phones. if you want isolation, look for earplug type phones like sony ex70/71, shures or etymotics.

if isolation is not a requirement, mx500 seems to be the best bang for buck phones.

i have sony ex70/888 and senn mx 500. if i were to list according to sound quality, it will be 888>mx500>ex70.

for bang for buck value, mx500>888>ex70.

some people prefer mx500 while some prefer the 888. me for some reason, just don't like senn phones. happy.gif

Edited by evil-zen

noise cancelling features, most of the time, only add on the price but not the sound. so forget about active noise cancelling phones. if you want isolation, look for earplug type phones like sony ex70/71, shures or etymotics.

if isolation is not a requirement, mx500 seems to be the best bang for buck phones.

i have sony ex70/888 and senn mx 500. if i were to list according to sound quality, it will be 888>mx500>ex70.

for bang for buck value, mx500>888>ex70.

some people prefer mx500 while some prefer the 888. me for some reason, just don't like senn phones. happy.gif

wats wrong wif senn phones?

lol

I don't think there's anything wrong but all Sennheiser cans have a house sound. I gather evil-zen meant to say his taste is different from Senn offerings.

Edited by Mackie